Microwave

@Modestah (11192)
Do you use a microwave oven? how often in a day would you say you use it? Do you use it for cooking or just heating things up? Why do you like the microwave, is it about saving time or saving energy? ------------------ I boycotted microwave use about 10 years ago. At first it was difficult to get used to not using one, especially for heating up rice or mac and cheese! or steaming a potato. But, now, it is rarely even a thought - except maybe when I smell someone's micro popped corn, lol. I've found that the foods stay hot longer when cooked the conventional way As well they taste better, maybe because the flavors have more time to mingle and I get more satisfaction out of preparing a meal with all the hands on of stove cooking. one thing it has not helped at that I thought it would - I thought I would drop a few pounds by not having a microwave - since it would take more effort to heat something up, I just won't be eating it. well, that takes us back to "the food tastes better now" lol.
@brimia (6585)
It is healthier to not use the microwave I think. I only use it to heat things up when I don't have time...though it does seem true what you said about food not staying hot as long. I stopped eating microwave popcorn because of the artificial ingredients in it. I've also stopped using plastic to heat things up...I cringe to think of all the chemicals I've ingested from plastic leeching into the food.
@jillhill (37379)
I do use it about twice a day. I only eat one meal here so that cuts down on the time...unless my granddaughter is here....she like to use it to heat up her frozen pancakes.
@babystar1 (4235)
Yes I do use the microwave a lot. I use it all most every day.I usually use it to warm things up because it goes so much faster than the stove or oven. I do use it for cooking at times when I want something to get done really fast,like baked potatoes,a can of soup,frozen veggies.
@luvstochat (6914)
I use my microwave to heat things up in and sometimes to boil water like to make jello. The water boils alot faster putting it in the microwave then when you put it on the stove.