Banks and charity

@cripfemme (7713)
I donated to a charity today; they took out $10, when I authorized them to remove 5. My bank is being stypid and says their going to charge the charity $30, because the made the error or I need to pay the fee myself. I don't want the charity or me charged for this error, it was an innocent mistake. After my third phone call, I got them to agree to refund the $30 fee if I got the charity to refund the $5. What do you all think? Why does my bank care to inflict pain on a charity or me? I thought I was banking at a good, community bank. Guess I'm a little wrong.
@AJ1952Chats (2338)
• Anderson, Indiana
I would quietly set up a bank account somewhere else--telling your new bank what you're getting away from--and, then, pull the heck out of this bank! I would also write a story about your experience with this bank. Might make a few more people decide to pull out. This sounds like a rip-off bank!
@ayou82 (3460)
Well sue them for that. Because if you don't take actions they will do that to others too.