Clarifying shampoo

@jillhill (37379)
I went and got my hair cut the other day and she showed me on her comb where I have hair spray build up on my hair. She said I should us a clarifying shampoo to remove it. Have you used a clarifying shampoo and what brand do you use. I would like some idea before I go buy some! THanks.
@dreamy1 (3815)
I've used Suave but there's lots of clarifying shampoos out there, every brand has one. You can also just use baking soda. Here's what I just found http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf443587.tip.html Put about a tablespoon of baking soda in your hand and then add your shampoo, wash your hair and it will get rid of all the hair spray, gel, etc. that has stayed in your hair, and it will come out extremely clean... Then use your conditioner too
@jillhill (37379)
Thanks for the info. I can try that today before I leave the house!
@Modestah (11192)
yes, but it has been many years and I forget the name. I do remember that you are not supposed to use it every shampoo but maybe every 4th time. I think that a vinegar rinse will have the same benefit of removing built up hair stuffs with other added benefits and less cost than the clarifying shampoo.
@jillhill (37379)
Oh...good thing to know! Thanks!
@carolbee (16231)
I was told the same thing several years ago and bought some but don't remember the brand. It didn't do much good for me. I switched to Loreal Vive Pro and my hair just glows. It gets squeeky clean, literally. I have thin hair that is so difficult to manage so I keep it short and have to use some kind of hairspray or spritz in order to keep my Alfalfa's to a minimum..lol