Do you report your purchases on your taxes?

@redrover (597)
When you do your state taxes do you pay your sales tax? I do, but most I know don't. I know you are supposed to, but do you?
I have no idea what is what when it comes to paying taxes. I know this much I was told If I sell over $600.00 worth of goods. That I would need to report it. I have always stopped right before that. This is my first year not concerning myself with that. I am trying my hardest to get off SSI. So I have to push myself and try harder. So Yes I plan to report my taxes but where do I start is my question I have saved all my receipts for buying materials to make these bags. The shipping and tracking costs as well. I will also try to get the fees from feebay and feepal deducted as well.
You only have to if you sell more than 600 dollars worth of stuff, minus all your fees and expenses. I personally have not reached that and if I get close i stop selling lol. I keep meticulous records of what i spend in fees and other expenditures every month.
I did not answer completely, when i sell something to buyers in my state i charge them sales tax then they dont have to worry about it. If i purchase from someone in my state i ask them to add the sales tax then i dont have to worry about it.
It depends on how much I made for the year. Because if I didn't make anything I mean profit wise I'm not reporting it. Only time I'm going to report is when and if I ever reach that $600.00 mark for the year. So really no I don't report mines.