Amazing!!

@chrislotz (8203)
The funniest and most wonderful thing has happened to my husband and I. Last night we went to a second hand book store that we go to often, to look for some new books to read. We go to this second hand store because it is a lot cheaper to buy books and since we both read a lot, about 6 books a month, we can't afford to buy new. Anyways back to my story. We were browsing looking for some books and I came across a book called 80 years in Swan River Valley. Well my husband is from the Swan River Valley so I called him over and we took a look at it together. Well, we open the book cover and the name in it is my husband's grandmother's name. She used to own the book, can you believe it!!! We are in shock, to say the least. We open the book, now this is a hard cover novel with about 500 pages, and browse through it and see pictures of my husbands old homestead, which is still in their family. The picture was from 1896. Of course the house has been remodelled several times since, but you could see it was the same house. So we bought the book, for only $1.00, but to us is worth thousands of dollars, and bring it home and look at it all evening long. We are astonished. We never knew that this book even existed, never mind was owned by his grandmother who has been dead for quite a few years. My husbands brother still lives in the old house that my husband grew up in and to see these pictures of their house in a book and some of the stories were written about his family, and other families that lived in the area. My husband knows lots of these people that had things written about them in the book. The book was published in 1972 and my husband was born in 1956, so he knew a lot of them. What a find we have in our hands. His siblings didn't know this book existed either. How can this happen to anyone, to find it and in really good shape. It is more important to us than anything else we have ever known. How strange to find it in a second hand book store. It's like winning a lottery.
@jhl930 (3605)
This does sound pretty amazing whenever i read your story because something like that doesn't just happen everyday so you really should count yourself pretty lucky to have this happen to you and your husband...because like i said this doesn't really ever happen and alot of people would love to have had this happen to you..you should look around more whenever you go back in the store and see if you can find anything else like that...
@chrislotz (8203)
Thank you, yes we are so happy to have found this book. And still are flabergasted over our lucky find. His sisters and brothers are amazed too, and would love to have a copy so they are going to look for one, although it wouldn't be as lucky as our find, since his grandmothers name is written in it.
yes, your were very blessed to have received something from the past tha was so dear to your husband and you. once i asked my 96 year old uncle who this picture that I had was..from my folks who left it to me and it was (name deleted) and she was just a girl in a whote dress holding a Bible. Confirmation Picture..very old. so i took it to a man i worked with and found out we were related and that was mother and she had passed away..but his father and him drifted apart over some bad experiences..but he was most grateful as he did not have any pictures like this eras..and we became friends as before that we used to kind of bicker..lol..you know..but now we have the same family tree and I go to my grandmothers family reunion and it is held two miles from my house every year..in a part? well, this is three years ago and i now know a lot of people that I am related to..but never thought about...thanks
@lightningMD (5932)
What an amazing thing thing. You are right the book is now priceless to your family.Maybe an angel led you to that store and that book.
@chrislotz (8203)
I agree with you, like someone else said, this was no accident that we found it. It is a sign and has some meaning. Maybe you are right and an angel sent us there.
I think it was fate that you found it. I bet your story will be told down through the years. This is a one in a million chance of you two finding this the way you did. It is a precious find and now it can be passed from generation to generation.
@Annie2 (594)
I had a funny incident as well. It wasn't the lottery and it wasn't a book, but I received a phone call from a niece who lies in another town in another state (where I grew up) and she said there had been a list from the state treasury office in the newspaper and that my name was on the list for unclaimed money. So, I called the treasury office to see if it was a scam and she assured me it was not. It turned out to be a little life insurance policy that my grandparents had bought when I was a baby. It had matured years ago and they have been deceased several years. So, I filled out the paper work and then in a couple of weeks, I received a check for $1,000 which I put together with my tax return and purchased an older car because I didn't have a car. Grandpa and Grandma were always helping us (family) out from time to time -- and they still were several years after their deaths. Angels?
@ivy009 (2)
it is so supernatural,I think that is your grandmather directs you
@itsmepinky (1301)
wow sounds gr8. u r really lucky to find dat book in dat store. u can now preserve this n tell stories to ur relatives & friends.