What Are Your Hotel Musts?

@kellys3ps (3726)
We have 6 boys ages 2 to 14, so we have to stay in hotel suites in order for us all to stay in the same room. Because of this, my kids have become hotel snobs, and won't stay anywhere less than Embassy Suites, Hyatt, Renaissance, etc. - Motel 6 and Best Western would be akin to camping in the woods without a tent for them. So are you a hotel snob? Besides the obvious first rule -cleanliness - what things do you want in a hotel room?
@tinkerick (1257)
Well, I haven't had to stay in a hotel room for many years now, but my family went on many vacations when I was growing up. There were many times when we stayed in suites, but more often stayed in "Standard Rooms". However, we never stayed in anything less than Hyatt, Marriotts, and Sheratons either. I didn't experience a "motel" (Red Roof Inn I think it was) until I was in high school and stayed in one with my church youth group. Despite my upbringing in the upper middle class, my standards are not that high. I'm a happy lower middle classer and will stay anyplace as long as it's clean, has a proper lock on the door, and doesn't look like it's in too sleazy of an area. I think only my middle child has ever stayed in a hotel room. And that's because her friend's mom got one to hold a sleepover b-day party in. And the room they had was decent size complete with a dining table (vs. the little ones found in most rooms)
@Chey1970 (1193)
No, I am not a hotel snob. About the only things I "must" have in order to stay in a hotel besides the obvious that you stated is: 1.)a coffee pot - I can't function until I have my coffee, and won't leave the hotel room, until I can function. 2.)a blow dryer - My hair is so long and thick, to let it air dry would take literally hours. So when staying at a hotel, I like to blow dry my hair before leaving to go do what we are gonna do for the day.