Why IS It When Us women Do everything..and A Man does One Little Thing......rrgh

Ok sooo I forgot my bday was the 4th!! yayy me!! im 35 now..and im havin a party for my family to come on up for dinner..well i was cleaning my heart out today..scrubbing..walls..toilets..floors..stoves..everything!! he empties litter box..cleans 2 windows..and un;loads the dishwasher and HES EXHAUSTED????HELLOOO!! im disabled and barley can do anything without pain..and he repeats hpow well he did..and what would i do without him helping me..blah blahhh...rrghh!! why do they act like children and need constant Praise?? even fopr l;ittle thingsd like throwing garbage away? GIMME A BREAK!! LOL!!its crazy like i have 2 children in teh house lol..whats the deal? anyone else go threw this? YOur man or heck woman for that matter needs attentiona nd praise for everything they do...AND CONSTANT???cause im aggitatated...lol..talk to me
LOL I know what you mean. But at least he did help out. When I wasn't working it was extremely rare that my hubby would help with cleaning the house. He does take out the trash but other than that...it'd have to be like they were coming over unexpectedly and he was hurrying with me to straighten up the place. I knew all of this though long before we moved in together and I excepted it. I don't know what it is but a lot of guys just don't think it's their place to do it. No matter what. I hope things got better for you yesterday and I hope you had a great birthday and a great visit with your family :)
@chiyosan (30194)
dont be so frustrated at this.. men just dont like household chores.. maybe you can try tell him that you need to divide work or at least let him be there to do the cleaning and stuffs...
@jewel76 (2305)
My hubby used to be this way, before we had the baby, now he really does help out a lot..but before,i'd ask him to at least take out the garbage, he'd answer, i work all day, why don't you take them out? and if by some miracle he washed dishes and i didn't notice, it was the end of the world!! He'd be like "that's it, you only notice when i don't do something but when i do, you don't even notice" OH My God, call the newspapers, my husband washed 2 cups and a plate!! LOL
@winterose (39897)
because they like to be appreciated the same way we like to be appreciated for the things we do around the house and for our partner.
@CanadaGal (4304)
If those are his needs, to be given regular praise and adoration, then it's in your best interest to fulfill those needs. Why? Because the more you praise him for his efforts (as limited as they may be lol), the more he is likely to do more. If you show your agitation with him, he will be more likely to not help out much in the future, because his interpretation of your dissatisfaction will be taken very personally. Did you actually come right out and ask him to do certain tasks without giving lots of details about how it should be done, etc? For example, "Honey, will you please do x?"... and just let him go with it? Happy belated birthday though! :D Have a wonderful time with your guests! :D And don't hesitate to ask your man for some help that day too! ;)
@Thoroughrob (11748)
It seems men do not think that cleaning is their job. If they help you, you should fall all over them. I do make a big fuss over my husband helping me, because I really do appreciate it.
Try not to let things add up that need cleaning. I always say to my daughter. You never know when company will arrive. Clean it and keep it clean. I am not talking about the daily tiding up. That is just normal. I wash walls and windows on a regular. It removes as much dust from the home. We have asthma here. My ex never liked to clean the house. He never left his personal mess for me to clean though. And he stayed at the stove. So I was blessed to have that. Cleaning is something I love to do. So it's different for me.
Men are fragile beings and constantly need to hear that what little effort they do put in is good enough! Ha! Go on strike, make him cook for himself etc, and see how he likes that! lol.