Sleepwalking can be caused but lack of sleep in the first Place

@winterose (39897)
New studies show that sleepwalking is related to sleep deprivation, sleep walking affects 4 per cent of the population, and now studies reveal not getting enough sleep can be a cause of sleepwalking, sleepwalking can be very dangerous with the sleepers hurting themselves while walking the the sleep trance. do you know a sleepwalker? what were some of things he or she did while walking in there sleep? http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080319085402.htm
@goergineo (1498)
• Jordan
I have a friend that has suffered from sleepwalking but know he is okay. once he walked 3 miles away from home late at night which made his parents call the pollice for that but the strange thing that he came back and sleep again. well at the morninig he could not remember anything of that.
@mbs730 (2151)
I have never sleep walked but I have experienced sleep paralysis which is pretty frightening in itself! And that too, is caused by sleep deprivation!
@chertsy (3804)
I used to sleep walk when I was little. My mom would find me outside on the porch with our dog. After doing this 2 times, my mom put a lock higher up on the door, that stopped that. Then I would just wonder around the house, lol. Now according to my husband, I will get up in the middle of the night and start heading for the door. He has to tell me to come back to bed, lol. This makes sense with the sleep deprivation and sleep walking. Now if only they can solve sleep talking, lol. Which according to my husband I do along with my oldest.
@queenofarms (1665)
I use to sleep walk when I was younger. I got up one morning and all my stereo buttons were gone. I told my mother that my younger sister took them off. She starts laughing and said no you was sleepwalking. Your dad and I watched you take them off. It is dangerous though because you don't know what you're doing or where you may end up at.
@ctrymuziklvr (11059)
Stopped me in my tracks! - pots and pans
I haven't walked in my sleep since I was a teenager. It's something I'll never forget. We lived in a third floor apartment and I used to go out on our porch which wasn't very sturdy. Thankfully my parents always caught me and brought me in. They started putting pots and pans in the doorway of my bedroom and that put an end to my sleepwalking.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I used to walk in my sleep when I was a young adult. I was working at a nursing home as a charge nurse, and I worked night shift. Almost every morning some other nurse would call off and I'd have to work over till I could find a replacement nurse. Sometimes I'd end up working 2 full shifts...16 hours or more! I can honestly say that my sleepwalking was caused by lack of sleep. It was always only when I was totally exhausted when I'd sleepwalk! Yes, it can be very, very dangerous for the sleepwalker. I once went out of my building, and I'm so lucky some creep didn't take advantage of that! I didn't even know I'd done that until a nice neighbor said they guided me back to my apartment! Too scary!! I haven't sleep walked in at least 35 years, I make sure I get enough sleep, and I don't let stresses get to me. I think that makes the biggest difference...take away whats causing it and you don't do it. I feel sorry for anybody who does this, because you are truly not aware that you're even doing it!
@winterose (39897)
I am so happy the sleep walking is over for you know, I can imagine how scary it was walking outside, anybody could have taken advantage of you.