How to increase the weight of My Daughter

My daugter is of one and half year but her weight is not good.As she does eats very less.What to do in-general??Any help will be appriciated.
@vicki2876 (5640)
First take her to a doctor to find out if she has anything medically wrong with her. My daughter was very very very tiny yet the daughter would always check her and say she was fine and along the grade of others. I was so scared because she almost nothing for three or four days. Then she would eat an average day amount. It was weird to see a child eat so little even though I tried. Just because she was body and not the picture of a pudgy baby didn't mean something was wrong. However it is best to see what a doctor would say for your daughter to be on the safe side. But also make sure she has plenty of healthy stuff around. She sound still be getting lots of milk in her diet now.
@vera5d (4006)
what has the pediatrician said? is she steadily growing on the charts? My daughter is very small, too - she is in the 4% of babies her age! I do not know what to do to make her gain more weight, but the doctors do not seemed so worried about it. they also have me giving her Zantac since she has a "floppy voice box" - they said this might have a little to do with her being so small. You could maybe try giving your daughter more frequent smaller meals - like breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack...though kids honestly at that age don't eat too much!
It is best to seek medical attention with these sorts of issues especially with a child so young. However, one thing that I found helps with my children is to make sure that they do not have too much milk to drink before a meal or at night. Then they will have more of an appetite for food.
You shouldnt be too concerned unless your pediatrician says sshe is no longer growing in the same percentile she was before, or if she is anemic or other abnormal blood work. My daughter had the same problem when she turned 3. I was not concerned because her blood work was normal, but the pediatrician was not happy because she fell a percentile in growth. So what we did was we went back to infant formula that had a high fat content in it. We put it right in her regular milk when we mixed it. We did that for about 6 months and her weight picked up, now we use half and half a few tablespoons in her milk, just til she goes back to the doctor in may, and then we should be able to stop. It worked great, and she has gained weight nicely. You could also try pediasure, but it is very expensive.
@neelygal (1022)
• Bahamas
Hav you talked to her pediatrician about her weight issues?I would do that first then try and gie her alot of whatever it is that she likes to eat as long as its not too much junk food.My son too would not gain weight like i thought he should be doing,but there turned out to be nothing wrong only that he has a fast metabolism.I try now to cook foods that he will eat mostly.My grandfather always said a belly full is belly full.
Firstly hun I would take her to see your GP to see if there are any reasons why she isnt gaining weight. If all comes back clear then have a chat with your health visitor or dietician about what she eats now and what you could do to improve her diet. Some people are naturally slender and if there is nothing the doctors are concerned about with her wieght i wouldnt worry, it may just be the way she is.