What is your favorite tree?

Mine is the rosebud tree. I think they are beautiful trees. ~Remember to give out +'s when it's deserved & select best responses. It helps us all out ;-]
@juicemilk (2286)
I can honestly say I've never thought that much about trees to have a favourite one!
@Mayuko (1271)
Haha! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one
O Tree of Life on which was hung our Savior - We honor and reverence the cross; for on it was hung
the Savior of the world.
My Favorite Tree is the Tree that Jesus hung upon, the Tree of Life;)+
@dixielol (1581)
I thought that was the dogwood tree. There Is A Legend At the time of Crucifixion the dogwood had been the size of the oak and other forest trees. So firm and strong was the tree that it was chosen as the timber for the cross. To be used thus for such a cruel purpose greatly distressed the tree, and Jesus nailed upon it, sensed this. In His gentle pity for all sorrow and suffering Jesus said to the tree: " Because of your regret and pity for My suffering, never again shall the dogwood tree grow large enough to be used as a cross. Henceforth it shall be slender and bent and twisted and its blossoms shall be in the form of a cross--two long and two short petals. And in the center of the outer edge of each petal there will be nail prints, brown with rust and stained with red, and in the center of the flower will be a crown of thorns, and all who see it will remember." The pink dogwood is said to be blushing for shame because of the cruel purpose which it served in the Crucifixion. The weeping dogwood further symbolized the sorrow. The red dogwood, called the Cherokee, bears the color to remind us of the blood shed by our Savior
I think my favorite tree is probably the cherry tree. They are very beautiful trees...especially when they are in bloom.
Those are really beautiful trees to look at in full bloom. I also love the wood they produce for furniture. Thanks for sharing ;-]
@dixielol (1581)
Well, i cant really decide. Weeping willows are so pretty. I have tried to grow some but they always die. My neighbor has a huge one in her yard, I would love to steal it. LOL, its to big. However I also love the dogwood tree. I guess that is what the PP was calling "the tree of live" Because according to the legand of the dogwood, that is what jesus was hung on. I like the legand of the dogwood tree, but does anyone know were it came from? I mean, is it out of the bible or did someone just make it up? I would love to know!
I like any kind of oak tree. I remember as a child playing outsie and collecting acorns to make "soups" amd "vegetable" dishes. The fallen leaves are very distinct too. And they turns gorgeous shades in the fall.
@carmat (2850)
The house I grew up in there was a huge old chestnut tree in the front yard that my grandfather tied a swing into and we would spend most of the summer playing in or under the cover of the leaves it was awesome.
I like weeping willow trees.
@kgwat70 (13395)
I too like the maple tree over the others but I like the cherry tree and pine trees as well.
@sbeauty (5870)
I love the maples in the fall. They are so beautiful!
Oak tree - It looks strong and beautiful, has age and grace and makes fantastic furnature. Try getting past an Oak door....it protects you from all the elements ha-ha!
@Mayuko (1271)
I don't really have a favorite tree. I like trees, but I'd don't really notice the different species. I think maybe cherry blossoms are my favorite, but I like the rosebud tree when I saw pictures of it also.
@blee92 (581)
i love the cherry blossom trees! they're so pretty to look at and smell!