Anyone know how to make Teriyaki Sauce?

My son loves Chicken Teriyaki from a Japanese Restaurant we go to. I hate spending money eating out, and I could make it at home if I only knew how to make the thick teriyaki sauce they put on it. When I see Teriyaki sauce in a bottle at the store, it looks thin and runny. Does anyone know how to make it like the restaurants do?
@lilybug (21145)
Here is one for you. Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients # 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce (soy sauce) # 1 cup water # fresh grated ginger (about 1 Tbs. or to your taste) # 3 tablespoons brown sugar # 1 minced garlic clove # 2 tablespoons cornstarch # 1/4 cup cold water Directions 1. 1 Combine 1 cup water,tamari,brown sugar and garlic and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil,stirring constantly. 2. 2 Dissolve corn starch in 1/4 cup of cold water and add to sauce. 3. 3 Stir constantly to allow the sauce to thicken. 4. 4 If the sauce is too thick add a little water or tamari to thin.
Oh wow, thanks for the recipe! I'll give it a try.
@se7enthbird (8324)
i think you need to avail a teriyaki sauce in a japanese store for i know they are originally made from japan. try to search at http://japanesefood.about.com maybe it can help you
I'll check that out. Thanks!
Oops, I meant to post my last comment with the recipe from about.com down here with your comment!
@thedaddym (1736)
You can buy the Teriyaki sauce from the store. To thicken it up just add flour a bit at a time until it is the consistency that you like.
Thanks, I'll try that. I need it to taste just like the kind in the restaurants though or he won't like it. Lol. I'll let you know if it works.
@abby0210 (95)
I love teriyaki chicken too, but unfortunately I don't know how to make the sauce either, but I would suggest looking on www.foodnetwork.com. Whenever I am looking for a recipe that I can't find anywhere else I try there and I usually have very good luck.