Why can you only get candy canes around Christmas time?

@Bd200789 (2994)
I love candy canes, and wish that I could buy them all year instead of just at Christmas time, I could get starlight mints instead, but it's mot the same. I don't understand why they sell the mints all year round, but not the candy canes. Do any of you know why?
@roxanne271 (2034)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Lots of red, green and white candy canes...they ar - A jar with candy canes
It's probably a seasonal thing like easter eggs? I don't know for sure but like another poster said, they those specialty candy store. They have them all year round in them here! I love the green, red and white striped ones. They are so pretty. Good luck in finding some!
@Bd200789 (2994)
Thanks for your help. I'll keep looking!
I love these in my cocoa - Who does not like these
I would buy them after Christmas if they were in other shapes. The cane is in my opinion just for Christmas. I am sure if other people bought them after Christmas the manufacturers would have a display for them. No demand means no money for the stores.
@sedel1027 (17850)
I would think it is because there is really no market for them other than at Christmas. I think they are out around Halloween too. Heck, we only get a few at Christmas and they last for months! You may want to try a specialty candy store or someplace online. I bet there is a store online that sells them year round.