Rating discussions and responses

@coffeebreak (17811)
I know that I can/should/do rate responses to discussions I start, but was wondering (and can't find) do I rate discussions that I respond to? Do I rate (the +,- rating) the other responses to responses in a discussion that I respond to? Don't mind doing it but dont' want to be rating when I am not supposed to and get in trouble for doing something wrong.
@arkaf61 (10881)
I don't think there is any special ruling regarding rating or not rating responses to responses. If I really like the follow up I will still rate it. Sometimes more ideas and views come out in the "chat" following responses and comments and I have found cases where the response to the response was even better than the first response. I have checked carefully and didn't find anything in mylot saying we can't.
@coffeebreak (17811)
Thanks. I just wasn't sure. I didn't want to rate what i shouldn't be rating and in someone else's discussion, and there I am rating their discussions responses - that is their job - - or so I thought. Maybe anyone who replies can rate in addition to the discussion author. And yeah, I get lots of additional info from the responses too - gives me ideas for start discussion of my own! I'll just rate what I like!
@arkaf61 (10881)
That's what I do. I rate each response or comment that I enjoy and that I feel is really good. I feel that rating them is a way of saying thank you for their contribution:)
@subha12 (18449)
you can rate discussion that you respond to. but whatever be the case, you can never rate the portion you actually posted. its left for others to rate.i always rate all +.
@coffeebreak (17811)
I was hoping that is how it was. I did rate a respons at + cause it was very interesting, but forgot it wasn't my discussion! I rate mine often as I read them so I just got to involved in the discussion! But I gave it a +. Yeah, I figured it was not acceptable to rate your own. That'd just spoil the whole system. But some responses and other discussions are so interesting and informable I get caught up in the discussioN!
@arcideaco (1259)
I don't really get how the system work too. However, I will give a plus or + for people who responded to my discussions. Cheers.
I rate everything I read, discussions, responses, and even photos. Whenever you read something and it has + - ! in boxes , rate it.