Death of a child

How does our society let people who murder children, especially their own live out their days in a mental institution, when they never allowed the child to even explore life at all?
@deeeky (3667)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
We try to be humane even though they deserve a harsher penalty, as that is what society has made the rules and laws for.
thanks deeeky, but it seems that there are not the same rules for everyone.
@deeeky (3667)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
It may be that some of the rules can be mis-interpretated in some way and the meaning of it mis-understood. What is need are more guidelines to go with the rules so that we can have understanding of the issues involved. People can use the rules as you say, for thier own benefit of making judgements to suit themselves.
That's a hard one but if they are mentally unstable, then that's where they need to be and anyone who kills their child is not all there if you ask me. Anyway, I wouldn't think that living in one of those places is a luxory. What with all the medication they show down your throat and such. Trust me, they are not living a life of peace when placed in a mental institution.