jimmies or Sprinkls???

Jimmies for an icecream - Jimmies are what I call the brown/black icecream companion.
@dmillman (2273)
United States
April 20, 2008 5:27pm CST
What do you call those things that get sprinkled on top of your icecream? Do you call them jimmies or sprinkles? I call the brown/black ones jimmies and the colored ones sprinkles. What do you call them?
1 response
@sherrir101 (3673)
• Malinta, Ohio
20 Apr 08
On ice cream, I call them sprinkles. If they are on cookies, I call them jimmies. I've never thought about this before. I wonder why I seperate them?
@dmillman (2273)
• United States
21 Apr 08
Isn't it strange? This all started when I saw a photo in a magazine with them and called them jimmies and my hubby called them sprinkles. That's why I decided to post the topic. Thanks for responding.
@dmillman (2273)
• United States
27 Apr 08
They call them sprinkles at Friendly's. Just in case anyone was curious.