Forbidden Kingdom

Has anyone seen this movie with jet li and jackie chan? Is it any good? I'm taking my brother to go see it today and wondering if it's worth seeing it in the movies...
@secretbear (19460)
i've seen the movie last Monday and its really awesome. i'm a big fan of Jet Li and Jackie Chan and i say that they're team up is the best! i love their fight scene in the movie. they were equally powerful in the movie and i have to give two thumbs up for the fight scene choreographer or whatever you call it. ^__^;; i love the humor too. all the comedy parts succeeded in making the audience laugh. however, i just didn't like some parts of the story. first and foremost, the presence of an American was really off. as the silent monk had said, "He's not even Chinese!". i didn't like the last part where he beat the person who's bullying him. that's too cheesy for me. and the parts where he and Sparrow were being too close, i just don't like romance in an action adventure movie. ^.^;; and Sparrow was too stiff. i mean the actress. i know her and i've watched her in a Chinese epic tv series and her acting was very the same. although i prefer her acting in the tv. and i didn't like the part where she comes up to the Jade Warlord in the middle of the battle. she should just have fought with the white-haired witch. and speaking of the white-haired witch, there was less formidable enemies that i had expected. the Jade Warlord and the white-haired witch didn't suffice to the story. i mean, there were the silent monk, the drunk immortal, the monkey king, the traveler and sparrow against only two enemies?? they should have put more antagonists there. powerful enemies. Jet and Jackie's team is definitely an awesome formidable pair. but i feel that the producers just wasted it with less satisfying story. .
I have to say I just got done watching it yesterday at about 7pm and I loved the movie. I don't know I feel that it was interesting and action packed with a bit of romance that was awkward at times. but all in all a great movie.I think that the white witch was a little under down at times and over done at others. The jade warlord. Hmmmm I think he spent more time talking then fighting ... But jet and jackie were awesome I knew jet was the monkey king from the beginning. LOL!! It was a movie that I will definitely buy when it comes out on dvd.
@secretbear (19460)
waaah! you guessed immediately that Jet was the Monkey King?? i am so ashamed of myself. i thought i was a true blue fanatic of Jet Li. yet, i didn't readily recognize him! i actually thought they casted an unknown actor for the role! i couldn't tell it was Jet Li! i only realized it when his face was closed up. he looked younger in the Monkey King costume. i never had any idea that he would play the role because the news last year said neither him nor Jackie would play the Monkey King since they would have to be equal in the movie. i guess they made some changes.
yeah jackie chan played the old guy who owned the shop where Jason bought all his movies so they both played to rolls. LOL!! and if you think about it. That was kinda of ingenious. LOL!!!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Anything - even 8mm home movies with these two is going to be entertaining. I can hardly wait until it comes out on DVD. I'm not allowed to go to movies anymore, although the soon to be ex has agreed that he definitely wants to see the new Raiders of the Lost Ark movie when it opens on May 22nd. He's a real Harrison Ford fan. But we can't sit in the first row, which will be a real bummer.*sigh*
I hate sitting upfront I love to sit in the back of the theater. I have to say I like raiders but I'm not really going to think about seeing this one. LOL!!
I have seen the movie few days ago. I must say that the movie is great. Jackie Chan and Jet Li really did great in the movie. Most scenes were hilarious and the fight scenes were cool! The effects -- superb! To some extent, I do agree with secretbear. They should have somehow chosen somebody else to play the role of Jason in that movie. Nonetheless, I do hope that you will like the movie and tell us about what you think about it.
If you think about it is was all about a boy who you wouldn't think would honestly be the person who would deliver the staff. I thik that it was done purposely and if you think about it for a while it works. You just have to think that the jade emporor wouldn't have been looking for an american to have the staff especially one that didn't know kung-fu but I think the other point was that he was truly pure of heart in a way and it was also to show that we are all connected no matter how different the background we come from is. So honestly they could have casted anyone that wasn't of chinese decent and the part of Jason would have been fine.
@jayperiod (870)
The previews look good. How could a movie with Jet Li and Jackie Chan be bad? I'm going to see it this weekend. I'm hoping it will live up to my expectations.
I don't know how a movie with those two can be bad I let you know when I get home today how it went LOL!!!