have you ever?

@cjgrooms (4456)
When you start a new book do you ever read the last chapter first? I do and it drives my husband CRAZY! I can't figure out why it bothers him afterall he isn't the one reading it.
i do that when eer i read a book and william hates that.
@cjgrooms (4456)
So does my husband!
lol
@jer31558 (3683)
I telling you, thats supposed to be the last thing you read, the grand finale, the icing on the cake, the climatic expose', thats why its called the grand finale, finale= finish, aka THE END.
@jer31558 (3683)
I feel that if the author had wanted you to read that chapter, it would have been called CHAPTER 1. The fact that the author puts it at the end of the book indicates it should be read last. Oh well, its your book and not mine.
@cjgrooms (4456)
It's not my fault they mistakenly put in the back!
@jer31558 (3683)
In that case, why not just take that chapter out completely and make it a mystery???
@cjgrooms (4456)
If i want to read something thats going to leave me mystified i'll read one of your books.
@murtagh92 (182)
lol, ya, i do that sometimes...i try to control myself and force myself to read the whole thing, but it's sooo hard sometimes. ya, but sometimes, i won't read the entire last chapter, maybe like the last 2-3 pages, just to get a feel for what happens...lol, maybe he gets bugged b/c u ruin the ending for him?? i dunno, lol
@cjgrooms (4456)
I love reading the last few pages first because then i know what to watch for. My husband and i read different types of books, that is why i can't figure out why it bothers him!
You just can't handle the suspense can you. That's waht I love about Mary higgens Clark. You are always on your toes and you never know when its gonna twist.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I just want to make sure it ends in the right place!
@meglovesb (348)
I think Amy tried that a few times after she heard you talk about it and I drove me crazy. I tried to tell her she is ruining the book. Always save the best for last.
@cjgrooms (4456)
Why should it bother you? you are not the one doing it.
well yes, many times I also did it. LOL. with some novels, I'm always curious to know how the story ends so I would peep to the last pages or the last chapter. some people would say that I love spoiler and they were just frowning when I read the books that way, but of course, I would need to have some certain feeling that the books are worth to read until the end.
@cjgrooms (4456)
For me it doesn"t spoil it. I just like to know where it's going before wasting my time reading the whole thing.
I don't read the last chapter of the book whenever I started reading a new book. I find it bad and unnecessarily. but i read the synopsis at the back of the book.
@cjgrooms (4456)
Thanks for the response.
@SusanLee (1920)
GUILTY!!! But I don't do it all the time. It depends on the storyline. If it's a love story, I like to skim the back to find out exactly when they fell for each other. Gives me a little more insight into the character while I'm reading. The best author I've ever read that can keep the secret even if you go to the back is Susan Sloan. You can't go to the back of her books and figure out who done it. You have to read the book. She doesn't do love stories though.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I can read mystries but if she writes suspense thrillers she is not for me. So which one?
@bevvy22 (279)
No, I never read the last chapter first. I make a point to not do that. I feel it will ruin the whole book for me. I do read a lot of Dean Koontz and Stephen King. Sometimes Koontz's novels are predictable. Stephen King is just pure amazing.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I promise there is not enough money in the world to entice me to read any chapter in any order of a Stephen King book. I would have nightemares for months! You are so much braver than i.
To me, that defeats the purpose. I dont want to read it if I already know the ending. JMHO :)
@cjgrooms (4456)
The journey they take to get to where they end up is why i read the book,just knowing where they will evevtually get to only makes me more intrested.
@lagrooms (119)
I admit i am guilty of this crime.
@cjgrooms (4456)
Don't worry about it, even admitting they can't send you to jail.
@hcpoirot (1562)
Depends on the bok. Usually I peek at the last chapter for romance or fiction. I tend to like reading happy ending book. :D Sad ending still okay if the its reasonable. But for mystery/thriller books I never read the last chapter cause it will kind of spoiled the whole book.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I would still look ,i wouldn't even think about what i was doing!
i can't do that, it would ruin the ending for me. i simply wouldn't want to go on and read the rest of the book. besides if you are just picking up a book and you read the ending, depending on the book, you will be completely lost since you won't know what characters they are talking about or what is going on
@cjgrooms (4456)
It dosen't stop me from enjoying the rest of the book. I just can't help it!