If you came to America...

Statue of Liberty - Statue of Liberty on a hazy day
@JoyfulOne (6242)
For those of you who do not live in the United States: If you could come and visit America today, what is the one thing that you would like to visit or see here? Is there any place that you have always dreamed of seeing?
@AskAlly (3627)
I would love to fly through the GrandCanyon. Also on my list would be the Statue of Liberty,Disney World, Ski at Lake Tahoe and cruise around the Florida Keys
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I'd love to fly through the Grand Canyon too! I bet it's really awesome to see from up in the air. I've never been to any of the places you listed. Statue of Liberty would definitely be on my list too. My Grandmother (who lived in New York City) used to tell me about the days when they were still allowed to go up into the torch, but I understand that they have permanently closed the stairs to it anymore. Thanks for sharing!
yess i hav came to america
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Glad you got to visit America Habib, I hope you enjoyed your time you spent here! Thanks for writing.
@moneyseeker (1024)
I'm from England and have toured the west coast of USA. The one place I wanted to visit (and did) was the Grand Canyon - it's amazing!
@JoyfulOne (6242)
That's great that you got to visit over here! I've never seen the west coast myself. I've only seen pictures of the canyon, it looks like it'd be awesome to visit. Thanks for responding!
@caribe (2465)
I can't believe you haven't gotten any responses on this question because I think it is really a good question. I live in Nicaragua but I am from the U.S. and there are so many places I love to visit. It is truly a beautiful country and there is such a variety of type of terrain. Nicaragua is also very beautiful, especially around the lakes and oceans. Maybe this note will revive your discussion.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I know! I wondered if maybe I should have asked what color hair they wanted to have, or something equally inane, if they visited the US, lol. Yes, America has all kinds of different terrain, and has such vastly different areas. Nicaragua! Wow, you are a lonnnnnnng way from home! I can't even imagine how different life must be there! Thanks for replying (and reviving!)
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
I lived in the US for a few years and think I saw most of the tourist attractions that are internationally famous. I don't remember any that stood out in particular as I prefer to see how people live and go to neighbourhood pubs and restraurants rather than the tourist spots. I remember my friend dragging me to the twin towers and I never knew what all the fuss about them was. After 9-11 though I was glad that I got the chance to go there. What I was most surprised of in the US was how easy it was to drive across the country and I managed to visit 26 states so I have to get back there to see the rest.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I'm the same way when I travel, for the most part I want to see how the people who live there soak up the flavor of their area. I have seen some of the tourist attractions though, just because I was curious about them. I'm glad you got to see the twin towers. I never did, I have relatives of my Mother that live very close to there and have never visited (too far away.) Wow! I lived here all my life and never got to see that many states, lol. I did hike & camp the appalachian mountains from where they began in Georgia all the way up to New York before I had to stop and go home. Glad you've been able to visit the US!
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
My favourite way of traveling when I go to non-English speakig countries like the Czheck republic and go to the local pubs for dinner. The waiters usually don't speak a word of English and you don't understand anythig on the menu so you just point and act until they bring you some food. I hardly ever knew what I was eating but I loved experimenting and it was a lot of fun.
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
@Miranda (728)
• South Africa
I would love to go and see a rodeo. I have 8 appaloosa's (horses) and ride often. Rodeo is not allowed here, the animal anti cruelty does not allow it.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Oh boy!!!! Another appaloosa lover! I had 2 while I was growing up. I don't have any right now at my farm, but my daughter has 5 and she trucks them up here so we can go riding together here and there. I've always wanted to go to the rodeo too. My nieces, and (ex) sister-in-law do the rodeo circut up around Idaho and neighboring states. Never have made it up there to see them, but would still like to. When I was a kid I wanted to be the rodeo clown, which is truly a bigger responsibility than most people know. I know the animal cruelty groups are changing a lot of things around the US. I used to break horses for many years, so while I haven't been actually IN a rodeo, sometimes it felt like it:-)
@Miranda (728)
• South Africa
yeh, I know what you mean about breaking in horses, we use to safe horses from the abatours and teach them again, fatten them up and only sell them to good owners. And believe me, those horses do not have a positive attitude towards people in the beginning. Like Monty Roberts say..I don't help people with horse problems, I help horses with people problems.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
That's great about you saving the horses and re-teaching them. There's so many that have developed bad habits over the years. My oldest daughter's a farm vet, and you'd be amazed how many people haven't a clue how to take care of them properly. They'll wait to call the vet until the horse is sooooo ill that they can't possibly afford what treatments are necessary to get them well again. A couple of them just gave her their horses rather than pay the vet bill to get them well. They were sad cases (unbelieveably inhumane) and she got them better and re-trained them, they turned out to be really good animals, just mishandled and mistreated. Monty Roberts hit it right on the nose, didn't he?! Feel free to shoot me a line through the myLot email anytime if you want! Happy trails!
@luskas (3429)
• Portugal
I would like to see the old lady... But that´s one thing in about a million i would like to see...
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I'd like to see her too, lol! Thanks for replying!
@findcutegj (1466)
i would like to visit whitehouse and wall street.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
The Whitehouse is really beautiful and impressive. I got to visit it once when I was younger. Never seen wall street though, bet it's an absolute zoo! I'd kind of like to see that too sometime. Thanks for replying!
@cubeman (169)
• Brazil
The Grand Canyon
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I'd like to see that too! Thanks for responding!
@supersach (1523)
I would like to see the Statue of Liberty. I would also like to visit Las Vegas. Other than that I don't really have anything specific in my mind but its a beautiful country and I would like to visit it sometime in the future.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
It would be nice if you could get a chance to visit. I always wanted to see the waterfountain dancing lights in Vegas. I've seen pictures of them and they look awesome! I hear they go in time with the music. Thanks for writing!
@edvian (4)
• Argentina
well I'd like to see New York, very touristy thing to do but I keep hearing it's amazing and I have friends who have been living there for ages and still say they just love it. Then may be L.A. and San Francisco? I don't know, don't know much about cool places in america, I'm sure there are loads of them
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I have relatives in New York city. I've always dreamed of going there to see them and see the city. (I'd be the one looking up at the architecture rather than where they're walking, lol) I hope some day you get to visit them all! Thanks for your response!
@sekhmetgb (462)
The Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam I think. I hear they are absolutely awesome. I would like to go in a helicopter and ride a horse along the Colorado river. That sounds fantastic. Well, we can dream eh?
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Gee, I'd love to see the Grand Canyon too! I always wanted to ride the donkey to the bottom, lol. Oh well, doesn't cost anything to dream, eh?! Thanks for your response!
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
was in new york a few years ago. Its an absolutely magical place and ill be coming back blessed be
@diansinta (7550)
i would like to visit central park at new york and walt disney at florida.
@williamjisir (22901)
Hello, JoyfulOne. If I came to America today, what I want to see most is my best American friend as well as my previous colleague in China in the same campus. She is so nice and kind-hearted, generous and friendly to people all around her. She is the very person that I want to see most. To me, friendship is much more important that to visit the other stuff.
@suspenseful (40316)
I want to see the Empire State Building and Time Square in New York City. I have always dreamed of seeing them ever since I saw those old 1930s and 1940s movies, and watching Kovak, and later on, The Godfather series.