Taxi cabs and our experiences of them...

Have you ever taken a taxi? What was it like? Did you have a good or bad trip that you remember? How far did you go and how much did it cost? I wound up using a taxi only once when I was a young person working at a psychiatric hospital and had to accompany a very manic patient to the place where she was going to get a mamogram.I got into the back of the cab and watched in amazement as that woman got into the front of the cab with the cabbie and began to flirt with him and to talk rapidly to him and to play with his bird which rode in the taxi with him. I thought the cabbie was great as he seemed to take it all in stride. Even so, I was glad to get her back home to the hospital and was glad that I never did have to accompany the hospital patients in cabs again. That trip seemed like it took forever. I though think it was rather short. I did not have to pay for it and so I do not know how much it costed. Have you ever taken a cab? What was the cab ride like? What was the cabbie like? Did you have a good trip with a cabbie or a bad one? How far did you go and how much did it cost?
@Lakota12 (42678)
yes I have taken a taxi a few time to get to the airport. mostt imes the driver is very curtous and the last one got us $26 that included the tip and we are only about 15 min. from the airport
Glad that you had a good trip and that the driver was polite to you... Sounds like you paid for it well too.
@Lakota12 (42678)
es but cheaper than parking car at the airport!
@Lakota12 (42678)
thas again! hugs