What is happiness? How we get it?which do you like Joy, contentment or happiness

What is happiness? When I was a child, I thought that happiness was a pasley emotion, something that was muted and fleeting as it seemed to be dependent on something else... I have this and I am happy. He did this for me and I am happy. I see this and I am happy... Always it seems transitory... Yet I know that people wish each other and the world happiness... I wonder what is happiness to you and what do you do to get it? If you had these choices: Joy, Contentment or Happiness Which would you choose and why?
@Lakota12 (42681)
all three for the all go together if ya have joy you are content if your content you have happiness
It seems like indeed they can all go together... wishing you all of them now.
@Lakota12 (42681)
thanks I do
@hanyixin (67)
i think the happiness is a sort of feeing,and i always don't care what i have or not have...sometimes a tiny thing make me happy too..
It is nice when one can be happy even in the little things of life... wishing you much happiness.
I've never really known happiness. When I as younger I thought that simply smiling would constitute happiness. Of course, I learned rather quickly it was just the opposite. I've tried to be happy and I usually end up flat on my face. To me, joy is a fleeting, temporary thought. Contentment is what most people settle for in their lives. I would rank happiness at the very top because of it's rarity. I would definitely choose contentment because it is easier to capture.
I wish you then moments of happiness and the consistancy of contentment.