First Glass Second Bottle

@ellie333 (21018)
Well I don't get out much and it is very rare that I will drink more than a couple of glasses of wine in an evening. I went to party on Saturday night as many of you know and I had a glass of wine before I went out and when we arrived it was cheaper to buy a bottle than a couple of glasses so this is what I did. We all had a wonderful evening and I was feeling fantastic, but squiffy but fine. Well the last glass which was the equivelent of first glass second bottle done it. I went from being merry to being very very merry, my eldest daughter was in stitches laughing at me as she said I was so funny and I got up and danced to all the songs instead of just the ones I knew. I wasn't drunk like you see some of these binge drinking people on TV but I definately was well on the way. I was asked if I would like another drink I declined. We got home about 2am and other than a slight headache and feeling tired am feeling great after having spent an enjoyable evening with friends and loved ones. Do you evere drink more than you intend to? Have you any funny drunk stories to share. I'll put mature content in tag just in case some of you have been real naughty! LOL. Ellie :D
@winterose (39897)
good for you hon, it is great to get out and kick up your heals at time. I don't drink much but I have in the past had a few, and I tended then to get so lovely dovey, I loved everyone, and my girlfriends said they had to watch me when I had been drinking because so guy would get the wrong impression. But you know I loved as in brotherly or in my case sisterly loved, and I was never that stupid that I would do something that I would regret later.
@ellie333 (21018)
Thanks Winterose, I certainly dd have a fun night, done me the world of good to let my hair down. I get all lovey too, which I think means that we are genuinely loving people, its the ones that get aggresive with it that scare me, why do they have such underlying hurt and anger eh! Ellie :D
@winterose (39897)
they say that people let their inhibitions down when they are drinking, meaning what stops them from feeling or acting they way they want to when they are sober is no longer there when they are drinking, I know I used to also have a tendency later on to get depressed when I was drinking, because that was the real feelings of how I was in sobriety.
@ellie333 (21018)
Vodka is the only drink I can;t drink as I get all mauling and very depressed. I never drink it but a few years ago it had been put into a punch and I didn't realise and by the end of the evening I was crying, very strange. The only thing that I can put that down too is that when I did drink vodka when I was younger at that time I was feeling low too. So drink does affect. I am sorry to hear that you have felt depressed before, I get down days but they tend not to last too long thankfully. Ellie :D
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Oh Ellie, I have been there. Two little stories spring to mind. Before I was married and lived in London I went out with some friends one night. We went to a Spaghetti House near Balcomb Street which was the scene of a siege that the SAS ended - but that's not the story. I got very drunk and we went on to a pub much frequented by young doctors. The weather was warm and the young lady doctor that was sitting beside me was wearing a dress with a zip sown the back. One of my friends dared me to unzip her. Which I did. The look on her face was not what I ecpected. She thought that it was funny - thank goodness, because I would be writing this from the Pentonville Prison for Perverts otherwise! My other story happened a few years earlier. Like you I had been to a party. I was walking home (no transport in those days) and decided to walk along the top of a wall that was about 6' high. A police car pulled up mounting the pavement, and I was asked what I was doing. Being a truthful boy I said that I was walking home. The policeman asked why I didn't walk on the pavement. I said it was because I didn't want to get run over by Police cars! At least I got a lift home!! There are others, but I will tell you those when we meet.
@ellie333 (21018)
Oh I'm sure there are others, lovely to see you back. I did notice your Cyn one but didn't really know how to participate. I really did just giggle reading that especially your answer to the policeman. I too have done some really crazy things when younger and a bit worse for wear too! I'll share those when we meet too. LOL My son just said to me are you laughing at P1kef1sh mum, infamous in the houshold already, the other one that usually gets a LOL giggle is Scoop_Dogg too with some of his comments. He still up as fell asleep on way home. Ellie :D
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Oh dear. Am I leading him stray from 70 miles away? Time for bed - I presume that it was your son that you meant was still up and not Scoop! Unless he's watching Indiana Jones, although I have no idea what channel that's on.
@ellie333 (21018)
LOL No I did mean my son! He slept in car on way home so no chance, he usually asleep by now. Ellie :D
@jillhill (37379)
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! It's been quite a while since I did something like that but yes..years ago there was more then one occasion where I should have stopped but didn't! LOL.....
@ellie333 (21018)
I think we all do it at times eh! Ellie :D
@winterose (39897)
thank you so much for best response hon, how you doing today?
@ellie333 (21018)
Thaks ok, derserved. I'm feeling a bit brighter thanks, very weak rather than tired but getting there. Ellie :D
@MsTickle (25051)
I blank out these days if I drink too much. How much is too much can vary between a couple of bottles of bubbly or a bottle of vodka. I can fall asleep too if I'm tired or stressed. It's usually me who's the responsible one or the designated driver and so I don't get to have much fun...but what am I saying. It's been years and years since I did anything like having fun. I actually miss having fun. There seems to be some rule that Once you turn 50 you don't get to have fun anymore. Being silly and childish and getting drunk and laughing at silly things all seems to be exclusive to the young and very young.
@ellie333 (21018)
The F word FUN definately seems to be missing in a lot of peoples lives, but don't let your age hold you back my nan was 84 and still went out every other week for a good old drink and a dance at her local social club. They say you are as old as you feel and she was definately young at heart bless. Designate someone else to drive one night and you go out enjoy yourself and have some fun eh! Thanks for sharing. Ellie :D