So what did you do today?

I tried to work outside, but it was too hot for me to do much more than fill four bags of weeds and do some trimming out front ; a friend actually did two weeks worth of work today for me and I'm so grateful! Now my backyard is pretty much ready for mulching; I've got a huge bare patch out back that needs new seed and there's a huge pile of trash out front (I hope I don't get fined--trash day is Wednesday!). Inside, I moved a bunch of stuff because some came and bought a mirror and a large bookcase--now I can't find my keys! I'll look tomorrow, when there's more light for me to check with! So tell me, what did you accomplish today?
• Alexandria, Virginia
went to brunch, took a walk with the dog and chainsawed with my battery operated chainsaw it does a marvelous job of cutting.
Mmmmm...brunch sounds nice! My idea of brunch is french toast and jammies! No one I know will let me near a chain saw--I had one I borrowed from my dad for my ex to use--and the neighbor cut his hand badly! I didn't even touch it!
Nothing,pretty sure,but "gossip gile" that is very funny.lol
Is that the show 'Gossip Girl', about a bunch of rich kids in NYC that go to private school? My daughter has a bunch of those books...now I understand what my mom went through with me! I haven't seen it, but I did see a show about the fashions--what they use for the clothes isn't super expensive!
@taface412 (3175)
well, i spent quite a bit of my morning on here and checking up on everything else online. Then i slapped on some sunscreen and went outside to fight with my jungle of a lawn (due to the weather here in the South) I swear in KY the grass and trees sprout over night. And then I planted some seeds in my garden, got excited b/c some of the seeds I planted 3 wks ago are sprouting. Went to get more fertilizer and planted some bulbs (in memory of my dog who went missing last fall). Oh and gave my dog a bath after getting a few tips off of here. SO I guess I did have a productive day even though this morning I was completely unmotivated. I should have worked on my writing. And these posts do not count no matter how hard I try to justify it....of course I always could say it was research.
I think everytime it rains here in New Jersey (outside of Philly), my dad's lawn grows about 6"! It was hot yesterday (for me), so I ended up going inside quite early, leaving my friend to do most of the yardwork (I have MS). I moved a lot of stuff inside (I sold a large mirror and a 5-foot bookcase), and ended up trying to post on myLot (really didn't work). I'd say you did have a very productive day!
@kbourgerie (8780)
Nothing. Pretty much absolutely nothing. I watered my plants. I added a music player to my profile and I responded to the comments left on my discussions all day. Didn't feel like doing much of anything else, but there's hope, the day isn't over yet.
Here's a laugh...after I posted this discussion, I went over to chat with the neighbors before driving my friend home. They've got a little boy, not quite two, who is my "adopted" nephew. His dad thought it would be funny to have him "give tongue" when kissing (since it happened to him first). Guess what happened? I was tongue kissed by a toddler!