I'm off hunting for a job, what kind of job is popular for a college kid?

I'm off hunting for a job, what kind of job seems to be popular for college kids nowadays in the states? I've tried warehouse work, not really my type of work.. but it seems to be the only one who wants me. I've tried applying to security jobs but most don't get back to me.. I am also interested in bartending jobs buttt! I keep being told i'm too young as i'm only 19 but that shouldn't matter really. What other type of jobs is there? Most clerical type of jobs at my age don't pay much of anything, 'specially now that gas prices are going up. I'm pretty stumped, what job really should I even be applying to?
@arcidy (5015)
Beleave me its not easy getting a job. It took me a few years to get a job where I live and that was with a job coach I signed dozens of applications and only had a few interviews. I thought I was never going to get a job untill I got hired by stop and shop and I felt a big relief. That is probally the best place to get a job is a food store like hanaford or stop and shop there always looking for cashiers or other stuff like working in produce so I would try getting a job at one of those stores.
I'm in the same boat that you are. I'm really not sure where I should apply myself. I need to find a job and fast so I can work more and get paid more but I'm not sure where to begin or where I should look. I want to stay away from fast food though, that's definitely a place I do not want to tred.