Treasure Hunting

@Sherry12 (2475)
Treasure Hunting is something my husband and I are going to start doing. We have never really done it, nor did we think it was possible there were still treasures to be found. After much studying we realize there are lots of hidden treasures that have never been discovered, people are finding things all the time. We realize that we will probably not get rich or even make any money doing this. It will be a hobby that hopefully we will enjoy. Also, it is something we can do together. We have bought a metal detector and have been practicing in our back yard to know what the different sounds mean. We went to a local park and found a necklace, a token of some sort, and a penny. We are waiting for the weather to get nice, so we can go to more parks and places that people like to congregate. Have you thought about treasure hunting? Were would you go to look for treasures? Would you like to find a bag of money buried in the back yard or gold jewelry, maybe diamond rings?
@blackbriar (9080)
You know, when I'm searching the trash cans for pop cans at the local park on the weekends during the warm months,I always see this guy there with a metal detector combing every inch of the park. I asked him once if he ever found anything worth keeping and he told me he once found a sack of coins hidden in some overgrown bushes. Otherwise, he just finds change here and there that ppl accidently drop while playing or just walking in the park. I thought about getting one of those as well and start in my own yard. This place used to be a dumping ground for garbage and such back in the late 18th early 19th century then was all filled in with rocks and such along with topsoil b4 it was built on. I've always been curious as to what is underneath my lawn.
@Sherry12 (2475)
That would be really interesting to do it there and find out. There could be all kinds of things.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
OOh that sound like fun! I never thought of actually doing it but I can see how it could be interesting. I would probably go to parks and walking trails to start. Then I'd probably try the private properties that are basically public since no one will claim them...like the old, old houses. I wouldn't go inside any buildings but I'd poke around the yard. I'd be happy finding a bag of money or something else some what valuable. Historical items intrigue me the most.
@Sherry12 (2475)
I've been reading where people have found things from the civil war. I hope we can find some good things.