What would you do if you found out ?

@elitess (5071)
Ipswich, England
What would you do if you found out that your parents are really not your parents. Let's say your coming home from school, or work and you find out by chance that your parents are not your real parents, but adoptive. How would you respond to that ?
@nyleve (2)
I always dreamed of that as a child. I loved my father but my mother was (is) nuts! I always dreamed that I was adopted but my REAL parents were royalty trying to hide that the first born was a girl and one day they would come for my and of course I would live with them in a castle and have my own pony. I would have been happy then. But knowing that the chances of me actually being a princess is slim I would prefer not knowing now.
@elitess (5071)
• Ipswich, England
I guess you really had a though childhood because of your mother. It kind of sound like Cinderella's Story i guess (who knows what prince awaits you)
@heartonfire (4128)
• Denmark
I've thought about it sometimes. I don't think it would change much especially if they adopted me from since i was born so i can't say i remember much from before them:)) i would still see them as i see them now, and nothing from my life so far would change for me. I would probably be curiouse to see my birth parents and how they are,how they look like,and how their lifes are now...and yes,why they gave me up.. Who knows,maybe having 2 pairs of parents is in fact a good and not a bad thing:)
@elitess (5071)
• Ipswich, England
Yes, that might be a good think, and perhaps they would love to know you after all if that happened. I too would like to meet them if i happened to find this out, but would still love my adoptive ones as well. Take care !
@ayessa (1584)
I will be shocked of course. Get angry. Feel betrayed. It's really not a good thing to found out that you are adopted child but that is really expected to anyone when it was found that you're adopted only. But as soon as I gain my thoughts i might ask my poster parents about my real family. Try to know why I was put in adoption. Try to understand the reasons of my biological parents. But definitely I won't forget to thank my adoptive parents for all that they have done to me.
@elitess (5071)
• Ipswich, England
Thanks for comment first of all, i thought this discussion was not interesting in the first place for the mylot-ers here; i like your point of view, and i believe they actually collide with my own opinion. Take care !
@Jhordie (5115)
WELCOME BACK my friend! I will be surprise like I am today seeing a new discussion from you. LOL but kidding aside, Of course I will be so mad, will be really furious, will be so shocked... anything extreme... because it's something that I should have known since the time that I could understand the situation... they shouldn't have kept the truth from me. I dunno what else will I be able to do. GRRRRRR
@baileycows (3668)
I would be shocked I am sure. I would be hurt too. I think that is why being adoptive parent you should be open with it from the beginning. After all it is not your fault. You are did the right thing by taking in the child and loving them as your own. This will put the birth parents on the spot as to why they gave you up.
@besthope44 (12135)
I would love them at any cost