Dealing with backbiters?

@Bebs08 (10685)
How would you deal with the backbiters? Oh!! it's tough!! you might end up with a fight if you lose control. I'm not sure if how many people could stand with backbiters. Me, personally? I can't/ I have to confront he person and have a heart to heart talk with him/her. What about you? how would deal with this?
@jpso138 (7860)
I had my share of people who backbite me. During the first time, I reacted considering that it made a lot of damage on me. So I talked it out with the guy. But later on, I found out that still, he continued to say such things and I really cannot understand why. Well, I just let him be and let the truth speak out for itself. Now, everyone knows what kind of person he is and most of them do not trust him anymore. I myself, do not mind him and does not care what he says considering that the truth will always set me free.
@Bebs08 (10685)
Oh well,, that's a good idea.. let the truth come out naturally but sometimes we are short of our temper.. anyway, thanks for sharing this.
@jpso138 (7860)
Thank you for the best response. I agree with you on temper. I always understand when a person reacts when someone says bad things to him or her. Its not easy and its one of those things that easily get angry. Well, I have been there, and there were times that I too have lost my temper. But later on in my life, I have learned to understand and relax and as well as analyze before I react. I have also learned to accept that there are really people like that who does not have anything to do in life and backbite others to say silly things to other to make them great. I do not mind them anymore... I just say to myself, just let them be. After all their foolishness will always go back to themselves. Best to you always!
@haiershen (1082)
i don't like to fight with anyone,so if i were meet those men, i would like to ignore it and went away, but if they do it on special time,i will give them what's the truth, the truth will be speak out who is the backbiters person, then nobody will be trust him anymore.good luck and have a nice day!
@Bebs08 (10685)
Well, I agree.. ignoring is one of the best solution.
@williamjisir (22884)
Hello Bebs. I think that it is gentle and kind of you to talk to such a backbiter peacefully. If it were to happen to me, I think that I would either ignore it or find some time to talk to him to stop it from being further spread, which all depends on the situation then. Take care, Bebs.
@Bebs08 (10685)
Well, sometimes it is good to tell them straight to their face so that they will realize.
@chaime (1153)
Its really hard to deal with backbiters, One is that because they talk behind your back and second is that generally they will not admit to any wrong doing, saying to you that they didn't say anything. Now if I'm certain that a person back bits, I'll talk straight to their face and whether or not they admit it, just say my piece, now if they still choose to back bite then it's on them and they will answer to that sooner or later. I generally just ignore them unless it becomes to rampant or to fictitious to bear anymore, then i lash out and talk to them, if it means picking a fight then so be it, but this is done only in the extreme cases.
@Bebs08 (10685)
Well, ignoring is the best thing to do but there are times that we can't hold our patience with these people. It is really upsetting. I had a friend who is very good in denying what she said. Even if you will kill her she will not admit what she said.. hahaha can you believe that? She is really scary!! she is is a liar to the maximum.. I hate that.