I need an easy recipe....

@taface412 (3175)
I am looking for an easy homemade recipe for Oatmeal cookies. I have looked through several of my mom's older cookbooks, but cannot find a simple recipe for it....which is odd I think because these are older cookbooks. So if anyone has any recipes for this I would appreciate it....and you don't have to add any family secrets if you don't want to...I just want a basic one. Thanks guys!!!
Taface, Here's another recipe for you :D Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Ready In: 2 hours Yields about 2 dozen INGREDIENTS 1 cup butter, softened 1 cup white sugar 1 cup packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 3 cups quick cooking oats DIRECTIONS 1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least 1 hour. 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each fork with a large fork dipped in sugar. 3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Hope it helps :D
Also, www.allrecipes.com is a really good website to find a lot of recipes :D
@taface412 (3175)
This does help and it is very detailed...I will check out that site as well. Thanks again.
@vera5d (4006)
My chocolate chip bag had a recipe for them - basically it's a standard recipe for chocolate chip cookies, you just use more oatmeal than you do flour. I would look on allrecipes.com - that's where i find the bulk of mine :) You could also try no bake cookies, those are my favorite!
@roniroxas (10574)
2 cups sugar 1 stick butter 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa 1/2 cup peanut butter 3 cups oats In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except peanut butter and oats and cook over medium heat. Let boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and oats. Spoon out quickly onto wax paper or aluminum foil i got this from my cousin but i still havent tried it. she makes this for her children and it doesnt require baking. i hope this can help you.