Are your kids always excited about their birthday?

My little kid is still too young to fully understand the concept of birthdays. She knows how old she is. But, birthdays don't really make her that excited. She doesn't really like birthday cake, so that's not a big deal. Mostly, she loves the birthday gifts, but we do things differently than most families. Because she was born so close to Christmas, we do the birthday month. During her birthday month, she gets a gift every day, up until Christmas *(the day she was supposed to be born.) And, then we celebrate her real birthday with a cake or sweets and gifts. Most times she doesn't have to wait to get gifts, because every week of the year is a birthday. We try to give her a little something every week. I suppose we could save up our dollars and give her one giant gift like one of those bouncy room things. That would take up half of our yard. And, probably be ruined within a week by the outdoor cats. But, she would love that so much. Are your kids always excited by their birthdays? Do they talk about the birthday for months and tell you all about the gifts they want? Please share.
@gemini_rose (16192)
My daughter was born just after christmas, 2 days in fact. She is still too little to really get the meaning of it all but the others get really excited about their birthdays and each others as well. As soon as one birthday is over then they start planning what they want on their next birthday, they do not understand how come I do not get excited over my birthday!! I always get them or make them a cake, I do not think that a birthday is a birthday without a cake.
Our babies almost share the same birthday! That is too cool. Mine was supposed to be born on Christmas eve. We had the whole thing planned out. But, she waited for awhile. The doctor had to admit me to the hospital to induce labor. That poor baby was just not ready to be born. She's a real mama's girl. Sticks to me like glue. Thanks for dropping by. Always nice to chat with you. You have such interesting things to say.
@maddysmommy (16233)
All the time. My son has already written out his list of who he wants to invite to his birthday in July which is two months away. We haven't even decided on what we are doing. I just wanted something simple at home but he wants a big party with all his friends from school. We shall see as the budget will determine what we can afford.
I think mine will be the same way when she gets older. Budget is always a factor, though.
@biggerb (2028)
When my son was young he used to be very excited about his birthday.Listing out the things he would want the cake he would like to have etc.Then slowly when he went into his teens he never wanted birthday parties he used to take his friends out for dinner.Now that he is old enough there's not much excitement though he still treats his friends on that day.
@luvstochat (6914)
My daughter looked forward to her birthday all month long as she wanted the birthday cake now that her birthday has passed she keep s asking if it is her brothers birthday yet so she can have some of his cake. My son just wants the presetns but he does not ask for things that are cheap anymoore now that he is almost a teenager.