What do you do for work? What things would you consider doing or not doing?

Do you ever read the classified ads and just look at job listings and wonder what it would be like to do something different? I just am looking at one now. I am a family counselor. I would not want to be a school bus driver as I cannot park even a car well. I would not want to be a janitor or plumber or a computer repair person... I wouldn't mind teaching... or even being a writer... How about you: What do you do for a job? What would you never consider doing as a job? What would you consider doing as a job?
Right now I am a college student and I work at a radio station-weekends. After I get my degree, I hope to do something in media/TV/radio full-time... I would never, EVER consider going back and being a grocery store cashier!!! And I would consider being an animal cop or veterinarian!
Good luck to you in your career in media/Tv/radio! Thanks for posting here... Perhaps later you can do a story focusing on pets and those who care about them...
Right now I go to school part time. I do have a secure full time job, involving hard housekeeping work. What I would rather do is to pass my civil service exam and then eventually become a firefighter. What do you think?
@mykmari_08 (2464)
I'm a financial analyst in a local financial institution for almost four years now but I've been working for nearly a decade. I believe my passions would dictate what I would consider doing outside my current job description. I do love writing novels, and poems so I guess it would be okay if I could be a writer. I also like to teach people, particularly children and co-employees and I have already imagined myself teaching children with ages between 6 to 8. I know that it would be a challenge for me but I also do know that my heart really goes out to children. Same as you do; I guess I wouldn't consider being a driver because I don't really know how to drive. Even if I do know how to drive, I think I would be an irritable driver because I am easily angered by traffic jams and corrupt highway policemen. I wouldn't also do good in the hospital being a nurse or doctor because my stomach can't take the sight of severely injured people due to accidents or unforeseen events.
Thanks for shering what things you would and would not do. It is good that you balance the numbers and the business with the novels and poems... That creativity in you would get irritable if you did not do this and could cause problems. It is a good thing that you like to teach people as teachers are needed.
I worked in a factory making salad dressing for ten years. As a kid I did a multitude of jobs that range from bailing hay, cleaning stables, picking fruit. Then I moved up to working in pizza joints and MacDonald's. I moved up again to a retail store and wound up working close to home at the factory. I was always taught that there are no jobs that are beneath us, that everybody has to earn an honest living and never to look down at any job or the person who does it. I am now disabled, but I still make some extra money online and I am writing a book. I do what I do to fill my time because I don't like to be idle. Having said that I must say there are jobs I never knew existed or rather, did not give thought to. Basically I would probably pass on any job that has been seen on "Dirty Jobs"..lol. Other than that any honest job is a good job nowadays and hard to come by.
Thank you for sharing your view on work. It is a good one. Good luck with your book and your on line business ventures.
I am always disatisfied with the current job I do right now at the hospital I worked at so far for seven and half years. That involves lots of hard housekeeping work. I used to work in the nasty old laundry a lot there. What I would rather do is to take a civil service test and pass it in order to become a firefighter. I would do very well being a firefighter eventually regardless of my disability. Right?
I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with your job... Hoping that you find something else that you like to do.