How can I help my friend

May 22, 2008 1:28am CST
My friend gave up her job when her daughter was born. Her husband and she believed that a growing child need full time attention from the mother and she should be there in her house always to look after the child. Now the child is going to school and she feels boredom in the house. Her husband is very busy through out the day with his office matters and the daughter has to attend the school and her studies. She wants re-start her career by joining the same institution. But her husband does not realise that she is wasting her time in the house, stressed and depressed. My friend also thinks that if she discuss this matter with her husband he may misunderstand her that she doesn't want to do her duties as a mother and she also worried that her life is a failure. How can I help her?
1 response
@shooie (4985)
• United States
22 May 08
Really she needs to talk to her husband. Most men do understand this. Have to give them (well most) a little more credit then we do. She should get a job that she can be home in time when her kid is out of school. But am sure her husband would understand if she sat down and talked to him. But this is a family matter and while you are her friend you need to stay out of their business.
• India
22 May 08
yes, you are right. I also think that if she talk about this to him, he should understand. I will advice her to speak out to her husband, if she seeks my help.