How do I retain the green color of my veggies while cooking

@salonga (27825)
I just wonder how I can cook my veggies withoug losing their green color, you see even if I don't over-cook my veggies, I really cannot do as well as other cooks who can keep the attractive colors of their cooked veggies. Do you know the secret to this? Kindly share! Thanks!
@jofeli (504)
don't cook it too long and add salt if you boil/steam it. that's what i do to keep it green. hope this will help..
@salonga (27825)
Thanks for sharing, I'd do that!
Hi you should not overcook the veg - like you say if you dont over cook them already then why not try dunking them in ice water as soon as they have come out of the steamer / water this will stop them cooking anymore and should help to retaine the colour of the veg good luck xxx
@salonga (27825)
Looks like I need more effort, but if it will help then I would do, thanks a lot!
@ruby222 (4848)
I find that if i cook my veggies in the steamer they do stay fairly green,but ive just answered another post that talked about kitchen gadgets and i said that the nly thing with using the steamer was that it did make more work...cleaning the steamer out after use etc...but if using a cooking pan for the veggies a pinch of bicarbonate of soda added to the water definately helps the veggies stay green....but you only need a small pinch...