What would you do if you lost your home?

@kaysue4 (951)
I am not talking about loosing it because of the morgage thing going on, but if a natural disaster hit and you lost your home, would you stay and rebuild, or move somewhere else? Would you be able to build a temporary shelter to house your family? What would you do?
@jonesy123 (3949)
I think it depends on how much of the community has been destroyed and how often we came close to being hit in the first place. In a disasterprone area I may have second and third thoughts before rebuilding. It also depends on how much insurance money I would get to be able to rebuild and how attached I am to the location in the first place. If it would hit us here and we would own the house we live in, I would take it as a big hint to cut my losses and move on. We have been trying to move elsewhere anyway but not really gotten it together, lol. Now, if we would love where we are and only our house is destroyed, or maybe even a couple more in the neighborhood, we would probably rebuild. If the entire town would be destroyed, too many people would move away and things would just not be the same. That's where I would think about it.
@jer31558 (3683)
I live in the area where I was born and where all my family now live, I would have someplace to go for me and my family. If our entire area were wiped out, we still have a piece of land and we would get by just as everyone else in similar situations has had to do since the beginning of time.