What the heck is it with the hardsell on toothbrushes?

@Erratic (724)
Australia
It seems to me that everytime I turn on the TV there is a new add for some advanced stealth fighter toothbrush. This one bends to reach the hard to get places like tonsiles. That one ha a tongue cleaner. I just want to brush my teeth twice a day not have to try every brush on the market to find the best. Just ge the standard brush okay.
@lilybug (21145)
Ok, you got me curious so I had to come on over to this discussion and check it out. I get the plain old cheap toothbrushes. I do not bother with the fancy ones. Not worth it in my opinion.
@Erratic (724)
That seems to be everyone's thinking, but them manufacturers are still managing to sell new 'impoved' toothbrushes.
I've noticed that too. Tooth-whitening is just one more way the industry can tell us there's something wrong with our appearance that will cost money to fix. Now that they've seen that people will actually buy their stuff, everyone wants to get on the bandwagon.