Photoshop and Blurry Pictures?

@hcromer (2711)
I took pictures for my friends wedding a couple weeks ago and I'm getting ready to Photoshop them. I couldn't use flash in the church so the shutter speed was longer and some of them came out blurred. I was wondering if there is a way to touch up blurry photos in Photoshop? I know I can't completely fix them, but I would like to know if any of you have any suggestions on how I could make them look better? It would be much appreciated by me and the bride ;)
@trickiwoo (2702)
There's a program out there called Focus Magic. You can download it as a plug-in for photoshop. It is AMAZING at fixing blurry images! It sharpens both out of focus blur and camera shake blur! You can download a free trial version on their website which will allow you to fix a handful of images. After that you will have to pay for it. But yah, I would definitely recommend downloading the free version and testing it out to see if it does what you need! Their website is http://www.focusmagic.com Check it out!
@ahgong (10064)
Wow... this is something really new! I am definitely trying it out to see if I can fix some of the blurry pics I took on my trip. Thanks a bunch for recommending that. Will try it out and maybe post the picture here.
@dragon54u (31638)
When I took a course in photoshop, I remember using a "sharpen image" button that worked pretty well.
@hcromer (2711)
I have used that before, but never on an actual blurry picture (just to add better contrast to once that weren't blurry)... I'll have to give this a try later on, I was looking for a complicated answer and I might have just been overlooking it the whole time!
@ahgong (10064)
What I can suggest is this. Instead of printing the blurry ones as a single photograph, try composing a few into one instead. Cos blurry pictures viewed under reduced size, can look much much sharper. Two birds with one stone. On one hand, you can show your creativity. On the other hand, you will be able to hide the blurry pictures under the guise of creativity to showcase the events. 8) heh heh heh... win win situation.
@Pigglies (9336)
Unfortunately, I've found no real way to make them look better. I had to go without the flash too before when I took photos for a wedding. The sharpen image thing in PhotoShop just pixelates the image rather than making it look nice. The only real solution I found for blurry photos was to use them at smaller sizes. Something blurry full size with an 8 megapixel camera often still looked nice printed as a 5x7 instead of an 8x10 or even larger. Other than that, the church's rule really messed up a lot of good moments. Thankfully, where we went they let us stay afterwards for 30 minutes or so. I was taking photos for my aunt's wedding and since it was her second wedding and not as important to her as the first one, she didn't mind that we retook a couple photos with flash at the end (like kissing the bride, rings, etc.).