Baby Bunny...

Baby Bunny - Click on Pic to open...it was no bigger than my balled fist.
@cortjo73 (6500)
So, I am going to do my best to post this picture. It is sort of hard to tell whether it will work though, until I actually do it. I was coming down the stairs in my house yesterday when I noticed that there was something unusually outside of the window off my dining room. So, I looked closer and saw the cutest little baby bunny rabbit. It was no bigger than my balled fist and it was doing some weeding for me. It ate about half of that weed it is standing next too. Ate it like it was salad. It seems impossible that that much "salad" could fit in such a little tummy but, it just kept eating away! LOL!So, the picture is of the bunny standing next to the weed (I'd like to thank my lawn guy for not taking care of business as far the weeds go...LOL) and, unfortunately, it will be a bit grainy because it is through my window and behind the window is a screen. Sorry but, I didn't want to risk going outside and scaring it away just so I could try to get a better picture of it. No one likes having their dinner interrupted. So, here goes. Open the picture and hopefully it will be big enough for you to be able to see it! If not, I am sorry! LOL!Could you see it? What did you think? How cute is he?
@pyewacket (44032)
Awww--it took me awhile, but yes I was able to see the baby bunny. Are rabbits common in your area or is this the first time you've noticed one? Wonder where the momma is???
@cortjo73 (6500)
I'm glad you liked it! And, we have rabbits in my area but, I've never actually seen a baby bunny in my area or anywhere but in the pet stores so, I just fell in love with this one and had to snap a picture! And, given the dangerous wild life we have in my neighborhood...snakes, coyotes and big huge birds of prey...for it to have gotten to the size that it is, which is still pretty small, I was really happy to see it! I also wondered where momma was too! Probably just around the corner keeping an eye out!
@pyewacket (44032)
Have you seen the baby rabbit since that first time??
@cortjo73 (6500)
Sorry! I didn't see this until just now! I haven't seen it since that first time! I would imagine it has gotten a little bit bigger. I hope that it is doing really well and has had plenty of salads like the one I served it in my yard! LOL!
@makingpots (11922)
Hi, cortjo. Cute, cute, cute. How sweet of you to serve such a savory salad to this little guy. Thanks for sharing this with us.
@cortjo73 (6500)
Hello makingpots! Thank you! And, I was happy to be able to provide such a savory salad for him! How could I resist? LOL!
@makingpots (11922)
Hi, cortjo. Thanks for the BR.
@gemini_rose (16193)
I am coming at this through email so I will have to post this and then go look and then get back to you! I love bunnies, they are so cute, I love the big massive rabbits too with the huge floppy ears. I do not get things like that in my garden or near it. I get loads of birds but the windows are not placed well enough for me to see them without having to go outside. So no chance of photos of them really without scaring them off.
@gemini_rose (16193)
It is a darling, so cute, you did really well.
@cortjo73 (6500)
Thank you! That is too bad that you don't get animals like bunnies in your garden. We have bigger rabbits like that one...perhaps related, throughout my subdivision. We have quite a bit of wildlife but we also have a man made lake in our subdivision and that attracts a lot of animals. We even have a crane that lives by our lake right now. I am glad you enjoyed the picture!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Give me a sec. I've come to the discussion from my email, so of course there's no pic and I won't find the discussion again if I don't post a response, so let me get back to you........................
• Regina, Saskatchewan
So tiny in such a mature looking garden area. I love bunnies! So cute! When's dinner? LOL
@cortjo73 (6500)
LOL! If by dinner you mean for my cat, it didn't happen! Though she wanted to get out there and eat that bunny. LOL! But, then again, she wants to eats the lizards that sometimes sun themselves on my back patio too so, I think her tastes are a little off kilter! LOL! That bunny had to stand on its tippy toes to grab large portions of that weed it was eating. That is how small it was and, that weed wasn't even a foot tall. So cute! LOL!
Oh what fun! A bunny in the yard. Is it a baby bunny, I can't tell. What a cutie. If my daughter saw a bunny of any variety in our yard she would demand to hold it. And, then if I didn't let her, she'd pout and say, "Well, I don't need to hold it." Which means of course, Please let me hold the bunny! And, I would have to end up getting her a bunny or new kitten or never hear the end of it. She's too funny.
@cortjo73 (6500)
LOL! It is a baby bunny! Only about the size of my clenched fist and, I have small hands. LOL! I haven't seen it since that day so, I would imagine it is a little bit bigger. Or, it could be much bigger. I don't know how fast baby bunnies grow. That is cute about your daughter! I was the same way when I was little. I wanted to cuddle every animal I saw! LOL!
@bfarrier1 (2082)
Oh my yes it is very cute and you did a good job of getting this picture. you have a great night.
@cortjo73 (6500)
Thank you! Pretty good for a cell phone camera huh? LOL! I just wanted to go and pick that bunny up and give it a hug, a few pets and let it go. So cute!
@elisa812 (3033)
I was able to see it after I opened up the bigger version of it. It's so cute! I always love seeing rabbits out in the yard. I always think they're so cute, and especially the babies. We used to have some rabbits out in our backyard that made their home under one of our pine trees. It was so sweet because then we always got to see them hopping around outside the house. Thanks for sharing your pic!
@cortjo73 (6500)
I'm glad you enjoyed the picture! It was just so tiny and cute that I couldn't resist the picture! I haven't seen it since but, I am glad I got a chance to see it. It is rare to see a baby bunny! I'm glad you liked it!
@ebsharer (5517)
Oh absoutly too cute! Last time we went camping I got some good pictures of bunnys and squirles. I took them with my 35mm camera so I can't upload them. I love those little furry animals they are too cute. I was thinking of getting one for my little one but I think I'll wait till she can take care of it herself. I have enough animals to take care of - a dog, fish, my husband - did I say that outloud!? lol
@cortjo73 (6500)
LOL! I have a lot of animals in my house to take care of too...including my hubby! LOL! I have 3 cats and a dog! I did used to have a rabbit. One thing, they are a mess to keep clean! They poo like little machines so, she will have to be very aware that she will probably have to clean the cage daily. But, one thing is that rabbits actually have a lot of personality and, they can be trained. They can be playful and, assuming your dog doesn't chase the wild rabbits outside, a rabbit would play with your dog if your dog would play nicely with it. But, just be aware that they are poop machines! You can't believe how very much poop they make! LOL!
Yes I see it cortjo:-)soooooooooooo cute!Actually here outside my friends house there are lots of baby bunny also and deers around.We are sorrounded with many trees just like jungle thats why many animals around like racoon too.I'm glad I did not see snake yet because Im scared with snake..lol! thanks for sharing the picture of your cute bunny...:-)
@cortjo73 (6500)
LOL! Raccoons are cute but, are they a problem on trash day? LOL! We have had some raccoons come and knock garbage cans over, only once or twice. As for the snake, we have snakes on our property too. Some are really small and others are a bit bigger. We saw one in the road one day that was probably about 4 or 5 feet long. It was pretty big and we have no idea what kind of snake it was. We drove past it and circle around to try to catch a better glimpse of it but, it had slithered away by the time we got back to the area. And, I think it was last year, there was a rattle snake spotted in the park just around the corner and down the street from where I live. Yikes! Freaked people out for a couple weeks. I don't recall if they ever caught it and got rid of it though. But, it was a safety issue and we had warnings to keep our eyes peeled if we were in that park and around our properties too. Snakes don't bother me themselves. But, when there is a report of a dangerous one near by, that bugged me a bit! LOL!
@enola1692 (3325)
I saw the little guy he is cute there are abunch of bunnies where we live an sometimes in the morning you can see them hopping off to whereever they go an hide
@cortjo73 (6500)
I'm glad you could seem him. He's so precious. Just the fact that he is a baby is so adorable. I am happy to see he has survived to be the size he is. We have coyotes and huge birds of prey in my neighborhood so, to see him enjoying a salad outside my window made me happy! I hate those coyotes and the huge birds of prey! Jerks! LOL!
@jillbeth (2711)
The picture is kinda hard to see, but bunnies sure are cute, aren't they? We have bunnies living in the hedge by the alley in our back yard, so we see a lot of them, all different sizes. I have to watch when I put the dogs out to make sure the bunnies can't be seen, otherwise they will take off after them. One of my dogs actually caught one and killed it and I felt bad, but she was only doing what dogs do. So now I keep an eye out for them.
@cortjo73 (6500)
I am pretty lucky. I have a black lab that weighs 120 lbs. His parents were 140 and 160 pounds so, there was no way he was going to be small and, he was the runt of the litter. LOL! So, being a lab, you would think he would have some hunting instincts. Perhaps if we'd have honed them he would be a hunter. I don't know. All I know is that the only animals he can tolerate, that don't scare him, in the backyard when he is back there are birds and squirrels. If there is a rabbit back there, his hackles go up and he starts barking while frozen with fear. Yup! The dude is huge. His head is about two to 4 times the size of your average rabbits head, and he is afraid of them. So, I am kind of lucky. My dog wouldn't have chase that bunny if he had seen it. He is even afraid of spiders and frogs. Big freaking hairy beast of a wimp! LOL! Some guard dog he would be! LOL!