WARNING!!-BLETCHLEY TESCO - A Black widow spider in a bunch Of grapes

June 5, 2008 5:32pm CST
"The Citizen" paper of milton keynes this week had the worst story ever about the famous supermarket TESCO..Bletchley.. A black widow spider was found in a bag of grapes bought by a lady customer,who observed it after she ate few of the grapes ...on the next day..Horrified with a spider she put it in a bag and reported to the health officer,who in turn put it in the refrigerator to have a look on it later..when he took the bag,he immediately dentified it as the most venomous spider (15 times the venom of rattle snake,a powerful neurotoxin).Tesco spokesman said TESCO will be extra careful from now on as its a really rare occasion and have asked people not to get scared!!anyone heard this news??
1 person likes this
4 responses
• India
6 Jun 08
Wow... this is sure scary.. a poisonous spider in a bunch of grapes? Nopes, I have not heard this before. There are plenty of spiders around here, but they are absolutely harmless and scared sh*t of human beings. They are all at the mercy of my cats actually. Cheers and happy mylotting
1 person likes this
6 Jun 08
:) so be careful while u get a bunch of grapes too ...lol
@Cocoa33 (921)
• United States
5 Jun 08
u know that was in the news a while back. i dont blame the lady for reacting the way she did. i would have done the same. it just goes to show that safety of food we buy in stores, should be looked at more. the safety of the consumers is more important.
1 person likes this
6 Jun 08
absolutely right!!!!
@dragon54u (31627)
• United States
6 Jun 08
Well, spiders are part of nature and so are grapes. Since I know that, I'm naturally cautious when I buy fruit and vegetables. When I buy grapes I rinse them in a colander when I get them home, I'd find the bugs or spiders then. Stores can't do everything. Consumers need to insure their own safety and quit relying on everyone else to do so.
@faith210 (11232)
• Philippines
6 Jun 08
Hi venkat2002! I have frequented TESCO before and have loved shopping there when I was in UK. This is the first time I heard about this news. That must be scary for the lady customer. I am just glad that nothing harmful happened to her. Take Care and God Bless!
1 person likes this