Smoke on the Water

I downloaded a couple more Led Zepplin songs the other day Kashmir, The Lemon Song and what I didnt think was right - Smoke on the water. It came under Led Zepplin, and yes I know its Deep Purple, but this one was different. What Im asking is, did Led Zepplin sing a version of the song or not? Otherwise I dont know who sang this version.
@myklj999 (32739)
• Olney, Illinois
I have never heard a Zep version of it. I'd be interested in hearing it if you could post a link to it.
I dont think it is to be honest, I asked someone in a pub My uncle runsm, nd they said it werent, but I downloaded it from Limewire, and it can be wrong sometime. I dont have a link sorry, try Limewire thing.
@myklj999 (32739)
• Olney, Illinois
Yeah, I've seen many errors on Limewire in reference to who sings what. I've seen "Mississippi Queen" credited to Bachman Turner Overdrive, Humble Pie, even Golden Earring once.
Fair enough
Its pretty safe to say that they never covered this song. Limewire mislabels a lot of songs and most of them are just fakes that might seem interesting, which in this case is true. Unless Zeppelin might've jammed on this song live, which I don't think they did, its unlikely that they even messed with Smoke On The Water at all.
Yeah ive noticed it with one or two songs myself like Welcome to my Nightmare by Alice Cooper, came under Dio.
@sconibear (8010)
i've never heard of Zeppelin doing Smoke on the Water....but back in the '80s a friend of mine had a bootleg Led Zeppelin album, and they did Blueberry Hills (i think that's what it's called......they use to sing it on Happy Days all the time.) so i suppose they could of done a Deep Purple cover. where did you download it from?
I dont think it is from Ld Zepplin To be honedst, It is probably wrong, I downloaded it from Limewire.
@cowbluz (11)
I never heard Led Zeppelin do a version of Smoke on the Water. The only version I've ever heard was by Deep Purple.
@nicholejade (2430)
I've never heard of Led Zepplin doing a version of Smoke on the Water. But with how alot of singers do take and do a version of songs maybe Zepplin did do a version of it. The only one that I have heard doing Smoke on the Water was Deep Purple.