Do you get Brusies unknowingly?

Bruise - 'Unknown' Bruise
@poohgal (6848)
Singapore
A few days ago, I noticed something dark on my ankle. I thought it was dirt because it looked very dark so I tried to clean it off. However, no matter how I tried, I couldn't get it off. I then took a closer look and to my surprise, it's a Bruise. It dark purplish in color. The reason why I am so shocked and surprised is because I cannot recall at all how I get that Bruise. Since it's such a dark purplish Bruise, it must have been a hard knock. Why didn't I feel it at all when I get that knock? This is not the first time I see 'unknown' Bruises on my body. It has happened a few times in my life. However, the previous 'unknown' bruises are not as dark as this new 'unknown' bruise. Why do you think we get those 'unknown' bruises?Could it be because sometimes we are so caught up with life that, if we bump or even just have a slight knock we don't pay attention to it and forget about it? or Could there be a supernatural explanation for it?
i dont get busies unknowingly. But recently a centipede ran over my leg and the place through which it ran over started to get itchy and i lost some skin. I'm glad that it didnt bite.
@poohgal (6848)
Eww.. Centipede! I hate insects...
are they insects? i relate them more with snakes...
@ahgong (10064)
It happens to me as well. I guess it could have happened during our sleep, where we are not aware of the knocks when we are deep in sleep. You never know, cos you could be kicking or knocking on the side table, the bed frame or even yourself. You know, feet knocking feet... that kinda scenario. It does not happen often. But it does from time to time.
@poohgal (6848)
My bed is soft and fluffy. I have soft toys and pillow against the wall. There's nothing hard for me to kick. I saw that bruise early in the morning. I really wonder how I get it..
@ahgong (10064)
ha ha ha ha ha... like I said, it could be from your limbs knocking on each other. Anything is possible.
@kun2349 (23464)
haha.. NO worries, there's nothing supernatural about that bruise.. It's actaully quite common for us to get bruises without us realising it.. And bruises dun appear immediately after we knocked down onto something.. It usually takes at least 1-2 days to appear.. ANd so i'm not surprised that if we din noticed it too.. And thus by time we see it, we don't feel any pain anymore.. hehe ^_^
@poohgal (6848)
Haha.. I hope there's nothing supernatural too..
@kun2349 (23464)
dun worry la, u got so many soft toys to protect u, i think all the super natural things will also get scared and become natural.. lol
@chrislotz (8200)
I get bruises all the time that I don't know how I got them. I clean houses for a living and I am sure I must bang myself a lot because my legs, especially, are all full of bruises and I hate them. Since it is summer, I want to wear shorts and my legs look so bad. I will have to pay attention more since I don't want to get more, want to get rid of the ones I have, so I can wear my shorts again. I have asked the doctor about it and he says it's normal and that there is nothing wrong with me, I thought maybe my blood was too thin or too thick but he says not. I can only guess that I am a clutz and I need to be more careful.
@poohgal (6848)
Try rubbing on the bruises. It helps to remove the blood clot faster. This is what my grandmother taught me.
@chrislotz (8200)
Really, I didn't know that, thanks I will try it and see if they go away faster that ay. I have so many of them, especially on my legs, that it can't hurt to give it a try. Thanks, my friend, for the advice.
@metschica25 (5405)
Oh, that has happened to me too and more in the summer time .I suppose it happens when I swim in the pool , beacause I can be very active . I heard we can sometimes bruise when we sleep from all the moving around .Even sometimes the slightest bump could cause one,
@poohgal (6848)
Yea. I guess when we are sleeping, we can't feel pain.
@SheliaLee (2738)
I have had several of those unknown bruises. Sometimes my husband will see them before I will and ask me "How did you get that bruise?" I won't know what to tell him usually because I wasn't aware of it. I think sometimes we just hit ourselves unknowingly and cause these to happen. Have a great day!!
@poohgal (6848)
Yea. Sometimes my family members see them before I do. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day too!
@SwtJenlove (1090)
yes i get them quite often lol i guess i better start paying more attention.
@poohgal (6848)
Me too
@thaMARKER (2558)
I do have unknown bruises sometimes. I only feel them when I wash it with water and there something painful on that area. Probably because when it was slice or scratch or whatever, the cut is not that deep or the skin is not that sensitive. When you cut yourself, at first you won't feel the pain right? it hurts when the blood is visible.
@poohgal (6848)
I think I do feel pain when I cut myself. Ouch!
yes i get them sometimes, while walking i bump into something but if my mind is diverted i dont realise and when it pains i realise i have been burt. i apply ice to ease the pain and the swelling
@poohgal (6848)
Yea. I guess we just need to be more alert. Thanks for sharing.
@emma412 (1156)
I get "unknown" bruises all that time. I find that when I am regularly taking my multi-vitamins they are not as frequent. I usually get them on my thighs and upper arms. I guess from just bumping into things. My mom gets them really bad and they are huge! They turn bright purple and blue and you cannot miss them. Mine are not that bad and I hope they stay like they are.
@poohgal (6848)
Multi-vitamins? You mean vitamins help to reduce the number of bruises? That's interesting. It's the first time I hear it. Thanks for sharing.