My poor little dog....

We are having severe thunderstorms here in Jax right now (I am on my wireless laptop)and my little dog (the mini daschound not the akita) is just shaking he is so frightened of storms. He is curled up right behind my back in this chair just trembling. Poor baby.
@twallace (2675)
Storms are not joke they can scare you and even pets get scared. You be safe too cause a thunderstorm is not all that good. Do you live where the weather is bad when it rains? Tornados ans stuff? I know when we have a bad storm I'm not on the pc cause sometimes the power goes out.
I live in FL land of the hurricanes. We are lucky though cause where we are hurrcanes usually don't affect us much.
@twallace (2675)
That's good your not in a bad location where hurricanes hit alot. Anyway have a good one still.
@kareng (21207)
Aww, poor little thing! I hate it when animals are afraid of bad weather. There is not too much you can do but provide some comfort :)
@crazynurse (7489)
Awww, poor dog. We had a wirefox terrier who was deathly afraid of thunder and actually of any loud noises. He would crawl up under a bed (I suppose to feel safe) and would not come out until he was ready. If one reached in to try and pet or console him, he would attempt to bite. I remember that July 4th was a real pain because he would be under the bed for hours due to the fireworks (a lot of kids in our neighborhood would set of fireworks AFTER the town celebration) He got so frightened on July 4th (I imagine due to the prolonged timeframe)that he would growl and show his teeth if one even entered the room.
Poor little fella! My cat is scared of thunder storms, too. He's not a dog, but I think the little animals are always frightened of loud and angry nature noises. Mine runs and hides around the corner and refuses to be held or petted. He won't be consoled and would prefer to hide in the closet until the storm passes!
@villageanne (8554)
It is funny how some dogs are scared from birth to storms and others are not. The collie I had was not scared at all but my Eskimo Spitz is terrified. I worry when a storm hits and I am not home to sooth him. :)
I remember when our little dog Penny was still alie, and used to be afraid of thunder. Poor little thing. I don't think anything scares my a, or my husband's cat, and I don't remember Pebbles (ex-wife's dog) during thunder storms, but had she been scared I'd probably hae remembered tat.