trying to mix 2 arowana in one aquarium. possible or not?

@neilchua (888)
i have a 7-foot long aquarium which houses 2 arowana. a red-tail golden that is twice smaller than my silver. since they did not grow together i've put a divider in the middle because i don't want to risk of having the red-tail being bullied by the silver and die. It cost 50 times more than the silver that it left me broke for Christmas last year. lol. anyway. last sunday. i had the courage of removing the divider and see if they will fight. man i was so excited because it seems that they've known each other for a long time swimming graciously without the divider. i think they were enjoying it because their 3.5 swimming space became the entire length of the aquarium. but unfortunately, haaah, after 3 hours of watching them, the bigger silver started to nibble...don't think this is the right term because he's mouth is too big...tried to swallow...well he couldn't really swallow the red-tail in one gulp. well anyway, i think you know what i mean. so i ended up putting the divider again. the reason why i'm actually insisting to remove the divider is because i saw once in a petshop 2 arowana, same species as mine, swimming alongside without fighting. that's my dream for my 2 pets. i'll try again after 3 months. lol
@Signal20 (2281)
Probably would've worked out better if you put them together when they were both small. I'd wait till maybe they're closer to the same size, and see if that works. Or maybe, if one's a male and one's a female, when they're both mature. Either way, good luck!!!
@pinks17 (2192)
Hi signal20..He tried mixing two different types of arowana in his 225 gallons aquarium...one is a silver arowana and another one is a red-tail golden..but the red tail is about 1 year old and the silver is about 3 years old.At first we tried putting chicken wire to separate the two bec.the red tail was new then but we were told by his mom that the red tail arowana can actually jump and transfer to the other side of the aquarium...it seems that they can't get along.And I believe you are right.The two fish should at least be of different gender so that they can get along well.It seems that you are knowledgable also on how to take care of fish.good day
@pinks17 (2192)
Hi baby...don't make an attempt again to mix the two arowana if you don't want your red tail to be eaten by your big silver arowana.I thought you took a video of the two fish together when you remove the divider.You even told me that the silver arowana tried to bit the red tail...lol.You should have your camera handy so that if that will happen you can take a video of that incident.lol.just kidding.i love you baby.mwah.