Do You Love Jazz?

@winterose (39898)
http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmontreal%2Binternational%2BJazz%2BFestival%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DHlk%26sa%3DG Montreal is host to the biggest Jazz festival in the world, and It is on right now, millions of people come to watch the free shows on the street or pay for star performances at Place Des Arts etc, Some of this year's artists will be: Steely Dan, James Tayler, Aretha Franklin, Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, so many performers from all over the states and other parts of the world have come to perform, and it is not only Jazz, it is all kinds of music, african, west indian, calyso, steel bands, regae, south american, I have even seen jewish klesmer, I used to love it when I was able to walk, I do miss the jass festival, I almost got to see Brampton Marsalis once, but our plans got spoiled that year, and we did not have the money to see that particular performance. I loved the blues at 10pm, they were great bands in from Canada, USA, especially New Orleans, and Chicago, that was the part of the festival I liked the most do you like Jazz? if not what other kind of music do you like? bet we have had it at the festival.
@Lakota12 (42681)
Blue grass is really good got to go to a festiful for that in Florida one year and love the blues and bands like that from Memphis and new Orleans!
@winterose (39898)
yep they have blue grass and dixieland too at the festival.
@Lakota12 (42681)
very cool hugs
@raydene (9874)
Hi Doll I do love jazz and have heard some of the best while in New Orleans. I have a very good friend... Steve Dorsey.. His daughters ride horses with mine. Steve is Tommy Dorsey's son and he is the most down to earth person you ever met. I knew he and his wife about 5 years before I knew who his father was. xoxoxoxoxoxo
@winterose (39898)
wow that is wonderful, I don't really know celebrities personally
@chertsy (3804)
I'm not a jazz or a blues fan, but I basically like all the other types of music from classical to heavy metal. Now my youngest is starting to like jazz, and gets irritated that I don't like it. She thinks I should since I like all the other types of music. Sad to say, I only been to one concert, and that was to see a country music singer. Now I just download music to my zune. That way I can enjoy different types any time I like to.
@winterose (39898)
oh I won't stay two minutes in the same room as heavy metal, I can't stand that noise lol.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
Just because you asked and just because I'm a straight shooter I may as well say I wouldn't walk accross the street to hear Jazz. I'm strickly a country and western music kind of gal. I do NOT however have anything against anyone who likes jazz or opera it's just not my cup of tea. Have a great day my friend.
@winterose (39898)
well everyone has different tastes in music and that is why there are so many kinds of it.
I am really enjoying all of the stuff that you are posing about Montreal, here on MyLot. As you know I am planning a trip o Montreal for some day in the ugure, either by mysel or with Walker, depending on where we are at the time, speding some time together in one country, and separate in our own countries due to work, goverment, etc. I would love to see Montreal ASAP, but we it a little financial snag (thank you American government for leading us on!!) but one day I would love to get up there to see family that I have in Chambly.
@winterose (39898)
Yes hon, if you like I can continue a series like this on montreal activities, as long as people want to see them I will post them.
You keep poting, I'll keep commenting! Thanks for the best response.