What is your favorite Jewel (GEM)

Gems - There is not a gem in the world that doesn't have its own rightful slate in the world of beautiful things. I have never been one for money, jewels or the wants. But These have a quality that makes it hard to ignore
Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, Opal, you name it. I Think they all have their own beauty. Diamonds can be quite nice, you also have the garnet (My birthstone). Choose any one and tell us what you like about it. If it's not listed above add it.
@Buchi_bulla (8304)
I like Emerald and Ruby. My favourite colour is also green. My birth stone also emerald. It is pleasant in colour.
The beauty of an emerald is almost unmatched. I think the a forest touches on how an emerald is truely the closest to the natural world. Of course all gems are from mother earth, but what they look like makes a difference. Red is not my favorite color but Rubys do look nice as a necklace.
My favorite Gem is Diamond because they say its forever and its girls' bestfriend. I like the elegance and the strength it has. Only another diamond can break it. Its also good for making jewelries as its got too much beauty and its really pleasant to the eyes.
I've been out of the loop for so long. Sorry I have not gotten to your answer. (4 months away) Diamonds are wonderful, unfortunately it has been over talked about, and so many people try to make fake ones...which almost look as beautiful as the original which dilutes the expense of a diamond
@CapriKorn (459)
I wish I could say it was my birthstone, Garnet, but it's not. It's defintely Diamonds!! They're beautiful!!
I agree Diamonds are beyond words especially real ones. The biggest one I've ever seen was on display at a Marks and Morgans Jewelers one day and it was unbelievable, sparkled like one of those old disco dance balls.
@queenyesi (577)
I love the blue sapphire. It is gorgeous. Unfortunatly its not my birthstone.
Saphires are gorgeous. Especially blue ones. Nice pick
@macubx (11421)
Lapiz Lazuli.. its my favorite although i dont have one..
I stand corrected my wife told me that my birthstone was in fact Yellow Tourmaline.
@stru9559 (634)
I love diamonds - to bad they're so darn expensive!
I love diamonds, no doubt. My wife loves them to, she makes sure i know it. LOL
Diamonds are a girl's best friend, but I love topaz as well.
Age old saying, Diamonds are girls bestfriend. I have to say I think some of the best jewelry has diamonds in them.
@vicele (328)
• Kenya
I like Topaz -my birthstone
Topaz is lovely. I think that when birthstones were introduced it was one of the best things to happen to humankind. It gave you a sense of identity with mother nature
@Bujoyseth (1684)
of course, i'll choose my birthstone which is Emerald. The green of the emerald is the colour of life and of the springtime. i just love wearing my birthstone... i have one set of it, a pair of earring, ring, necklace and bracelet.. actually, it's our business, i think, you're familiar with Swarovski stones.. that's what our business, make accessories out of these gems..
I am a gemstone geek, but my favorite has to be spinel. It is a durable stone that comes in a lovely array of colors
@fizza10 (1718)
• Pakistan
i love pearls....due to their purity and innocence.......they really inspire me alot.......specially the look of simplicity they give when u wear them
@kiiizu (1901)
• Estonia
All jewels are beautiful but my first choice would be emerald, I guess it's because green is one of my favorite colors. Dark blue sapphires are wonderful. I also find amber very fascinating, drops of resin from the trees over 35 million years ago.
@AJ1952Chats (2338)
• Anderson, Indiana
They're all my favorites for one reason or another. If I had to pick a favorite, however, it would be a pearl. It's beautiful and simple--and it has a lesson to it that this is a case of having something bad (an irritant) being turned into something beautiful (a finished pearl).
@feralwoman (2199)
I love semi-precious stones, and I am very drawn to Jasper - all different types of it. Jasper is known as "The Supreme Nurturer", it sustains & supports during times of stress & brings tranquility. I think the world could do with some Jasper!