What is the difference between love and being in love?

I have my own opinion on the difference between love and being in love and would like to get someone else's input. I will give my own opinion after I get some feedback.
love as in unconditional love. the love you have for someone no matter what as for a family member. love that children give in unconditional. and pets give unconditional love. they don't care what you look like. but you must treat them right. then being in love is the romantic love or puppy love. boys and girls getting goo goo eyes for each other. and couples that keep their romance alive.
@sisco100 (2343)
the difference between the two is how it is express. when u love someone or something it has nothing to do with spending the rest of ur life with or get with, its more about how much u care about it, in the aspect of friends and and family. as far as being in love its a state of mind where ur body produces chemicals tht alter ur brain chemistry. personaly i would rather love something then be in love with something.
Aww sisco why would you rather love something than be in love with it?
@singlemommy (2955)
Love is a caring feeling that you have for someone. Like I love my children and family. It is a love that I care about them and would help them any way that I can. Nurturing love for my children, etc. Being in love is where you find that someone who makes you all giddy inside, you know the feeling, "the can't sleep, can't eat, can't think, reach for the stars" kind of feeling. It's thinking of this person and knowing that they are thinking about you. It's a love of wanting to be with this person no matter what and doing everything in your power to make them happy and to be the happiness that the other person needs.