Took my husband to the doctors yesterday ...

@ebsharer (5516)
And he acted like a 12 year old boy! He had asked me to go with. The appointment was for the headaches he has been getting pretty often. So anyway we were sitting in the room waiting for the doctor to come in and he was touching every little thing, basically bouncing off the table, shaking the table 'because it made noise', he was tapping the lamp who knows why, getting on the table and off it. I am telling you he was acting like a CHILD!! Our daughter is 19 months old she isn't this bad in a doctors office! I looked at him and said is every thing okay because you look like an idiot! I mean really the man is 32 years old! As I was watching him act like a goof I said your my next MyLot discussion! So my question is - Is your husband this bad? Does he act like he is 12 in a doctor or denist office? Why do men act like such babies when they 'aren't feeling good'?
@kareng (20143)
Generally,yes. Men are big babies when they are sick! I think your husband must have been very nervous going to that doctor visit! I hope everything turns out well.
@ebsharer (5516)
I think it was nerves as well as him being a typcial man with the I don't need a doctor mentality. Either way they prescribed him some thing so we will see what happenns.
@kareng (20143)
Yep, headaches can be very annoying. Hoping nothing serious!
@jaredlp (418)
look at my leg... i aint going till it falls of dang it
Ya, I can relate. Mine doesn't bounce off the walls like yours but he gets so nervous he just zones out, stares at the floor and doesn't hear anything the doctor is saying. So I have to talk for him and the doctor just kinda looks confused. I mean my husband is 53 yrs old and I'm talking for him like I'm his mother! He had poison ivy last year and it got really bad so I suggested he go to the emergency clinic. I asked him if he wanted me to go with him and he said "well YES!" like "you expect to do this by myself?!?!" Now this is a man who can sing and play his guitar in front of 20,000 people and be as comfortable as if he was sitting in the livingroom watching tv. But get him one on one with a doctor and he can't speak. He's usually pretty good about not complaining too much when he doesn't feel good but at the first sign of a cold he curls up in bed and won't get up for nothing except a potty call.
@ebsharer (5516)
Its funny how men act when they are sick or have to talk! I laughed when I seen the comment "you expect me to do this by myself" that is sooo my husband I had just intended on going with not going in the room with him. But when the nurse called his name hes was like your coming right! I looked at him and said yes of course my baby!
If this is the beginning of a migraine symdrom, it may be the cause of his behavior. Has he been diagnosed with migraine? It may take more attacks for a diagnosis. I suffer from Chronic Migraines which are different from Classic Migraines. My behavior changes some when I am getting an exacerbation, but not in this manner. Men can get cluster migraines and they are horrible. Please try to keep track of his headaches and behavior.
@ebsharer (5516)
He wasn't having an attack. Just was acting like he was 12.
I find this distubing, I am wondering if you were able to go talk to the doctor with him and did you share this with the doctor. I think this information should be shared with the doctor and I am wondering if his diagnosis was anything that could have been related to his behavior in the waiting room. Good luck. I hope he is better now and that you are not seeing any signs of this now. I would keep my eyes open in case something little rears it's head.
@ebsharer (5516)
He wasn't acting like that because he had a headache at the time he was acting like that becuase hes a man and didn't want to go to the doctor. He just acts like a child when he is sick or has to go to the doctor even just for a normal yearly check up.
@Amber4106 (541)
Mine won't go to the doctor, so I guess he does act just as bad. He's too stuborn to go and find out why he's having stomach problems. I feel that it's an ulcer, and he'll joke around saying it's probably cancer, and it could be. I told him that's very possible but you'll never know because you won't let anyone check it out. In my heart I think that there is more going on and he won't tell me about it. One of these days I'm just gonna have to make an appointment, ask him to come with me to "my" appointment, and when he gets there, they can check him in for HIS appointment. That's the only way I know to get him to a doctor.....I got to trick him :)
@ebsharer (5516)
I know - my husband and I have been together for 5 years and he has always had these headaches. It took me this long to get him to go! I seriously felt like I was watching a 12 year old sit there! I hope all works out for you.
@jaredlp (418)
ummm its very un natural for a man to be in that room so we revert back to a protective state. btw i need to send u the pic of my "bruise"