True or false?

Is it true that chewing chewing gum can stop you crying. My son came out with this he said that he heard someone say it once. So i was wondering does it really work or is it just another old wives tale?.
@checapricorn (16065)
Hi littleone, I have not heard about this before but I have experienced it once...LOL! I was so mad and want to cry one time when I was in the mall, and that time I had my chewing gum...I just chew hardly like putting all my force there and expressing my anger through chewing and surprisingly, I didn't have any tears...LOl That was the time, I realized that it was the best thing to do whenever I don't like to tear when I am in public... I am very sensitive that even short issues sometimes will made me cry not because I want to, but because I am mad and can't shout..LOL!
Hi I also find that i tend to tear up when i am angry. I will have to try chewing gum next time i get that way.
Yea, try it! and put all your force there..It's effective! LOL!
@Hayley_N (526)
• Argentina
Yes it does. I think it is the same reason my it pops your ears. Basicly when you are chewing gum you are massaging your eyes and ears. Sounds weird but its true. Trying to get first best answer, please help
Thats what i thought when i heard it that it sounded weird. Don't worry about a best response you will get one in the end took me about three months before i got one. Thanks for your response.
@carolscash (9500)
I have never heard of this before but I guess it could work. I don't know what gum would have to do with crying,but I guess it could work. It is amazing some of the old wives tales that I hear that really do work that I think are a little odd. Where did he hear this?
He can't remember where he heard it. I have to agree there is some odd wives tale around. Thanks for your response.
@Ciniful (1589)
The old wives tale is that chewing gum stops you from crying while cutting onions ... not that it can stop you crying period. And yes, in terms of onions, it does work. I keep gum on hand just for that reason. My eyes are incredibly sensitive, and cutting onions usually ends up being a painful experience. Chewing gum while doing it stops the fumes from stinging my eyes.
Thanks for the tip. Will have to try that next time i am cutting up onions.
@kellys3ps (3726)
I have never heard of that before - I am sure it is possible -because you start thinking about something else, which stops you from crying.
That does make alot of sense. I suppose its because you start thinking of something else.
@bombshell (11265)
i never heared of it that chewing gum can stop you crying.i heared only that chewing gum makes you hungry and gives you fresh breath also it helps to get nervous out they said.
@mstriguna (418)
Oh really amazing. Have to try this out and practically experience it. hmm..