Do you think there isn't much build up to this year's Great American Bash?

@Marcola (2776)
Yeah, I know, this isn't anything new with the WWE, and they still have too many PPVs a year. Other than Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels, Michelle McCool vs. Natalya and I guess, JBL vs. John Cena, there really isn't a whole lot of buildup in a storyline sense to the matches. Take Triple H vs. Edge, for example. Am I forgetting something or have they not had any confrontations since Triple H came to Smackdown? I know they didn't interact whatsoever on Smackdown last night. Instead, it was all about Edge's "relationship" with Vickie disintegrating, then they made up at the end. Oh, and on Raw, C.M Punk and Batista haven't had any one-on-one interaction. I think they should've pushed the Bash back a week or just have less PPVs a year. I know it won't happen though, because it's all about the money, as Vince says.
@babostwick (2037)
You know it's funny I actually asked myself this question about WWE PPVs meaning anything and actually wrote about it. I do think PPVs don't have as much meaning for me personally but probably for some it does. I guess they're saving the Triple H and Edge interaction for the PPV or something like that. Another thing about the WWE PPVs is that it seems like the same matches are happening on a consistent basis and may cause some to quit watching. Of course, jacking up the price higher isn't going to make it any better. I am tired of the Vickie storyline and want it to end soon. Seriously, this is just getting old and really the main reason why I haven't been watching Smackdown so much lately. It's pretty much a protest and I keep track of results online and just read who wins. That way if I don't see Vickie plaguing Smackdown, it won't be so bad. I hope this wedding storyline comes to an end. I don't care how it ends just end it. Isn't it funny how they are doing a storyline with Edge using Vickie to be on top the same thing as it's said about Triple H and Stephanie in real life? Is it coincidence or mocking people? You decide. That should be something to write about and would be interesting.
@Marcola (2776)
Well, last Friday was loaded with Vickie Guererro, so it's a good thing for you that you skipped. I imagine they're going to reschedule the wedding now. Yes, it is funny how Triple H is married to Stephanie and they're doing a storyline where Edge has a relationship with Vickie to stay on top. It was kind of funny to hear Triple H cut that promo about Edge sleeping his way to the top. To be fair to Triple H though, he was WWE champion before he was paired up with Stephanie in the storylines and he doesn't stink up the ring when he's wrestling. Are they taking a shot at anybody by doing this storyline? Carlito, perhaps? He hasn't been seen since he was drafted to Smackdown and I read on an insider website that he publicly complained about Triple H being married to Stephanie and so forth. I wonder how long it'll be before he's released. I, for one, won't be ordering the Bash. I agree with you on the same matches happening on a consistent basis. John Cena vs. JBL is happening again at the Bash, and the winner is always Cena.
I'm glad to not see Smackdown. Vickie is so bad as GM, I'd take Kurt Angle back as the GM and that is pretty bad. I know Triple H earned his spot but it's just weird how they is actually mirroring that image. I do believe Hunter married Stephanie because he loved her. I read that about Carlito and the thing with him is that he whines all the time. If he doesn't like being there so much, why does he stay and continue to whine and cry constantly? It doesn't do anyone any good. The Great American Bash just doesn't have any strong appeal. If you see the same matches that you've seen for the past few months, you probably may not want to see it again. The one match that is intriguing honestly is Triple H vs. Edge but let's hope that doesn't get run down to the ground.
@Marcola (2776)
No Tensai, before Triple H dated Stephanie, he dated Chyna aka Joanie Laurer. From what I've read, they didn't start dating until they were storyline married. I don't know at what point that is, but I know HHH dumped Chyna for Stephanie. Chyna is reportedly very bitter towards Triple H and Vince McMahon. You could probably find one of her shoot interviews on youtube.
I agree completely there is hardly any pre match tension or storylines anymore because the ppv are coming through so often, recent ppvs seem to have just 'filler' matches to complete the card with no interaction, personally I think it was better when we had 4 main ppvs (rumble,mania,slam and series)where the tension was built up over months such as million dollar man v dusty rhodes that went for months and everyone loved it, ahh the good old days lol
@Marcola (2776)
If they had no more than one PPV a month, it would be plenty. Remember back then during the Attitude Era, they had 12 PPVs a year and none of them were throwaways. Secondary shows like Backlash and Fully Loaded had intrigue to them. Now what do we have? 15 PPVs a year? I guess they did get rid of New Year's Revolution and December 2 Dismember. I also think the King of the Ring Tournament should be the monthly PPV for June, again.
@elmiko (6638)
PPVs just don't have the hype that they use to because there is so many WWE PPVs. If they were to dramactically decrease the amount of PPVs yearly than they would be more exciting. I liked it when they just had Summerslam,King of the Ring,Survivor Series,Royal Rumble, and WrestleMania. I doubt they will ever go back to this again though because they make more money now with more PPVs.