Bi-Polar Disorder

I have been diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder since I was 14. I am now 38. It has been a ride. There have been hospitalizations and suicide attempts. At 38, I can say that I have learned to channel the energy. I swear by taking my medications. Depression is no fun. The anger is very dangerous. I would love to hear from others and their experiences.
Hi, I have a son with bi-polar and its been a hard road for him. He is going to the hospital on Monday for a stay. How do you channel your energy? Do you have a creative outlet?
@SomeCowgirl (32254)
I hope that the author of this discussion does not have a problem with me answering this. I will write to help with my own depression but seeing as he is a male he may benefit from video games or other sports that he can get his aggressions out with. Have a Wonderfully Lovely Day!
I also channel my energy into hobbies or escaping into a book. I find that when i make things with my own hands(I crochet) it helps a whole lot. And when someone says how beautiful something i made is, its hard to still be down.
@besthope44 (12135)
Well for depression, medicines are not solution. Do Meditation, try breathing exercise, it will help you balance and handle depression.
bipolar 1 here.. been diagnosed for like hmmm 4 plus years.. its annoying and the worst of it is trying to find the right mix of meds.. i havent been hospitalized but almost was for mania and not sleeping more than 2 hours a night for like 3 months.. lol.. im a firm believer in taking meds and try to not miss any..