fleas

@savypat (20245)
There has been a lot of talk about fleas and I thought you might like this handy hint. Dawn dishwashing soap, does the trick. Just add a few drops to your dog's bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly, rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Good bye fleas, I don't know how long this will last but at least it won't haarm anyone.
Here in Florida, where sand fleas are so abundant, I dont find this treatment very effective. I really dont let the dog out to play that much, maybe 10 min a day, that seems to be the best way to keep the fleas out.
@savypat (20245)
I have no experience with sand fleas, the fleas I deal with come from the vermin the cats and dogs catch out in the field, mice, birds etc. Could you wash your dog's feet and legs when he comes in. We do this for mud in the rainey season. Its a hassel but if you use warm, not cold water they don't mind, even the cats will tolorate it. Just a thought. Ive also heard that catnip oil keeps bugs away, I think you can get this in the essential oils dept of the health food store. A little applied to legs might make for a very unattractive mean of dog leg. LOL