why, why, why?

why is it that it is impossible for a guy to just be friends with a girl? I now have another guy that wants to date me. He knows about my situation with being seperated from my husband and still wants to date me. Like he expects it or something. I was firm from the start that I don't want to date, kiss, or screw anyone. Just friends, if you can't handle that then I can't talk to you. My best friend is a guy and he has never tried any of that stuff with me. He is like the only guy ever that is actually been just a friend to me. It really makes me mad that a guy can't just be friends with me! Why is this?
He thinks that he has already won you away from your estranged husband. Since your best friend is male, you know that it is possible for men and women to be just friends. However, it sounds like some of the men that you have let into your life aren't operating by the same rules; ditch them and find a new crowd.
it gets down to finding the right guy. most guys don't want friendship. some are great guys who want to be either a friend first or only a friend. it's like finding a needle in a hay stack. too, not talking about you, but some girls send out the wrong signals and the guys get turned on and don't behave.