Doesn't food taste better when some else's cooked it?

@marina321 (4561)
I think meals taste better when they've been made by someone else. When you cook for yourself, I think the fumes and flavours from the food spoil your appetite and if you need to check or taste your food as you cook, that spoils the final experience of enjoying the meal. Even if it's the exact same meal you would have made, it kinda tastes better when some one else has made it Do you find your food taste better when someone else's cooked it?
Im not sure, quite often meals do tatse great when cooked by somebody else, but it depends on what the food is and how you like it to be prepared. For example when i cook pizza myself it tastes ok, but when my g.f does it for me it tatses amazing, although i can have my fave pasta dish unless it is cooked my moi! so reli i think that it all depends, i really enjoying cooking so i find any meal i cook just fine...
My View on food cooked by others [u][/u]
I like my meals cooked by someone else otherwise I cant eat it and I think it tastes nasty(prolly truthfull does)
@brimia (6584)
sometimes it does seem that way. it does depend on where I'm eating. My mom's cooking is phenomenal so hers always tastes better but some restaurants aren't so great so I prefer my own cooking.
@Opal26 (17690)
Again Marina, your are Queen of the discussions! Yes, food does taste better even if it is the same dish made by someone elses hands. My girlfriend and I have said this over and over. She loves my cooking and I love hers. We both make meat loaf. She likes mine better and I like hers. You have described the reason. My mother used to cook and say she couldn't eat after cooking a large meal. I didn't understand until I too would cook and then couldn't eat. Now I know why. You gave the purrrfect reasonably reason!
@Pigglies (9336)
I think food tastes better when I cook it. That way, I can make it exactly how I like it. Plus, no one I know really knows how to cook. Not that I'm great or anything, I'm probably just average at cooking. I do think though, that as a kid, people will eat stuff that their friend's mom made even if they'd never eat it at their own house.
yeah i kind of agree im also a big eater outer anyways rathering than cooking myself :)
Ya, you are right, food tastes better when cooked by others. This may be due to the following reasons. We can always eat relaxedly a meal which was cooked by others as we haven't taken the job of cooking. So we actually enjoy and eat and hence tastes better. Also apetite gets built when our mind knows the fact that food is getting prepared by someone else for us:). Also it is a change of taste for us when we eat food prepared by someone else than the self-cooked one. I think most of the time our apetite gets lost by the time we finish preparing the food.:D
For sure they do,the more food that others cook for me the better.I always enjoy others cooking ,but im the worst critic of my own cooking.I will pick it to bits,though people will say its tasty etc and its well cooked I neveer believe them.If you eat a meal out at a restaurant then its the same scenario,the food tastes good because you havent had to prepeare it and better still you dont have to clear up after it,and wash the pots.
@ronaldinu (12439)
• Malta
That's what my wife tells me. That I am a good cook and that food tastes better when she finds it ready cooked. I like experimenting with cooking. So I dont mind cooking my own food and do take pleaure in eating my own cooked food.
@bamakelly (5193)
Yes, for some odd reason, it always seems better when someone else cooks the same dish. Usually my husband has a way of spicing things up when I am cooking something. Or he will make the same thing I did on a later day and his looks and tastes better. Go figure!